North Carolina's lead epidemiologist quits, saying agencies are misleading the public about well water safety. Do you trust your city's water?

• I agree that there is a growing concern about well water safety.

After the Flint, Michigan incident there has been a growing concern about well water safety. And now with the situation in North Carolina many feel this could be one of many situations where citizens don't actually know the condition of the water they use in their homes. This topic needs to be brought to the forefront and community leaders must not mislead the public on issues such as this.

• I trust my city's water.

I do trust my city's water. I am incredibly fortunate to live in a city that has one of the leading water filtration systems in the world. It is so well-designed, in fact, that it is actually studied by other countries as a benchmark. What I think is important when it comes to water safety and public awareness is opacity and making sure the people are keenly aware of their city's water quality and filtration system in place.

• Yes, I do trust my city's water.

I may be naive but I feel that ample water testing is performed in my city. The reports are sent out to us annually. Of course unforeseen circumstances can always wreak havoc but I feel that public safety is a crucial enough issue that my city designates the proper amount of caution to ensure our water is safe.

• You can always buy a filter.

Cities and towns are notorious for neglecting their maintenance, whether it be roads or the water supply. At the end of the day you can always buy a filter if you don't trust the water or get bottled water. If you're cooking with it then it should kill the bacteria and hopefully your shower water doesn't come out like mud.