Notre Dame (1-3) has now lost to Texas, Duke, and Michigan State, and won against Nevada. Can they bounce back and get in top 10?

Asked by: Mharman
  • Yes, but barely. It'll be on the final rankings, after the National Championship game.

Their next games are: At Syracuse, at North Carolina State, hosting Stanford, hosting Miami (FL), at Navy, hosting Army, hosting Virginia Tech, and at USC. I think they can win all of those games, they just need to improve on defense. I hope their new defensive coordinator is good, or we're screwed.

• Three losses against marginally impressive teams (at best)?

It's Week 5 and Notre Dame already has three losses, all to teams that are now not even ranked in the top 15 according to NCAA. Combine that with their weak conference (sharing it with the likes of Army, UMass, and Brigham Young) takes away even the possible compensation of being conference champions that helps boost teams at the end of the season. Their remaining schedule isn't impressive, either, save for Stanford. I think with a win against Stanford they could re-enter the Top 25, but if their remaining opponents remain at their current rankings, even if they beat them all, I don't see how they would be Top 10 material with a 9-3 ranking.

• Three losses against marginally impressive teams?