Obama: 'Guantanamo Bay must close.' Will he actually close it?

• Yes, Obama will eventually close Guantanimo Bay.

The president has continually promised the closure of the prison in Guantanamo Bay, and he would if it was entirely up to him. It his the obstruction of other political leaders that are preventing its closure. Guantanamo Bay will be closed eventually but the political heat and pressure to the obstructionists will have to subside before that can happen.

• Yes, it is a human rights violation.

I'm not sure how much sole power over what happens at Guantanamo Bay that Obama has, but it has been apparent for a long time that the prisoners there are not being legally detained and that their rights are being violated. Maybe this hunger strike will help bring it to wider public attention, but I think on this issue Obama will have as much, if not more, non-cooperation as he has had over every other issue that has come up.

• Yes, it is a human rights violation.

• Yes, most likely.

I believe that he will close it but that it will not stay closed. It provides a necessary (though frowned upon) service and will very likely be reopened at a later date. The main argument for closing it is based in the 'inhumane' treatment of the occupants. However, I firmly believe that if you leave your country to sabotage someone else's, you have already signed off a waiver in regards to your rights and liberties. The real issue here, I feel, is what qualifies you for special accommodation. Every single suspect should not be held in such a place, many of them will be fine in Federal prisons or detention centers.

• Yes, most likely.

• Lol of course not

Of course he won't. First off closing the bay was one of the major things he used to get elected in his first term. If he didn't deliver then why the heck would he do it now? Also and more importantly there's no reason to. Maybe a few small cases of "human rights violations" lmfao.