Of The Roughly 6 Billion Gods on planet Earth, Can Anybody Say, Their God is The Correct One?

Asked by: Sagey
  • It's actually pretty easy:

First you remove the personalization. That lowers the number by a few billion to a few thousands.

Then you remove the deities with no value or the stories that have self-destructed. That lowers the number from a few thousand to a few hundred.

Then you remove the deities that are contradictory or contrary to themselves and the end-user or farces. That lowers the number from a few hundred to about 50.

1/50 is good odds.

• As a quite obvious rule, unless one is disillusioned, lying or wrong, any correct propositional knowledge one has about something is true

Therefore, if God truly does exist and if He has revealed Himself in some manner or other, then anyone who has correctly recognised such things has a rightful claim to truthful knowledge.
    This is so simple, I stated it in less words than the required minimum... There, having said that I can now submit it XD

• Psychology and Neurology can only agree that every human has a different Description of God:

Human Brains are all different as are fingerprints, their brains are all wired similar but different and thus have a different Concept, Image and Definition of their persona God. Even if they sat beside their best friend all their life and attended the same religious lessons, their image of God will be their very own Subjective being. No two people in the world will have exactly the same, identical God, thus with the latest figures for Theists from Google, they number around 6 Billion.
    Thus there are 6 Billion Gods (assuming all are monotheist, add more for polytheistic beliefs), and as far as it is Rationally Possible or Probable, not one of those Theists can claim that their personal God is better than the other nearly 6 Billion Gods.

Can You Make That Claim and Why???

• Yes, they can.

Which one is correct? The one that delivers. The one that reveals himself.

It takes faith to believe in God, yet there are so very many signs and wonders to help people with that. The atheist CHOOSES to reject and ignore them. God almost always respects their choice. Then they come here trying to get others to agree in support. Sad.

• We can but whether or not that is rational depends on your reasoning

Well of course anyone can (because nearly 7 billion people on the planet do claim there god or gods to be so), but you are probably asking whether or not a person rationally can. In which case I would say yes and no, it depends on what a person justifies it as, for example, I as a Sikh acknowledge that the chance of the nature of god as described being true and accurate is probably minuscule when all theories of god are looked at. However this makes me somewhat of an agnostic so I suppose the willingness to be wrong is what makes that, but the absoluteism of yes there is only my god is less rational or functionable for a society. We choose to believe things sometimes to make ourselves happy. I choose to hope, notice the word hope, that there is something after death so I can see my loved ones that I lost once more, however have accepted there deaths and will keep their memories alive. In this way it can be rational to believe in a god or even some type of god (see cause and effect and the origin of the universe). We can but whether or not that is rational depends on your reasoning

• Your faith, your belief;

Of the 7 billion people living on this earth, would you say they all believe in one god?
    No. Then why do we have churches, temples, mosques and other religious structures? If we all had faith in one god, then there wouldn't even be such places.
    It is because we all believe in god, our own god you could say. Whether it's Christ, Allah or Lord Shiv, sometimes is based on your belief and religion. Christians believe in Christ. Hindus believe in many gods I could name. Muslims believe in Allah and so on.
    We all think that OUR god is the true one, the correct one. But this is our faith, and what we want to believe in. So it's natural to say, that you're god is the correct one.
    There is no "correct" god. I believe there are many gods. We all have our own god we believe in.

• Oh but they will try.

There is no way to know for sure which god or gods is the correct god. That is assuming there is a god in the first place. But how can a person truly know as zero gods actually make themselves known. If said god did and was like "you this is legit" then sure we could know. However now we can just watch theists argue about who is the real god and its fun and pointless.....And well sad.

• The earliest form of religion in ancient times was shamanism it was practice by some of the first human beings known to exist ..

Religion I cannot say that I'm fully convinced about what people believe is true about religion in some aspects and some religions but I can't say that I'm not a believer. The subject of religion itself is a very sensitive issue and at times especially nowadays becoming even dangerous. Now that is a serious problem regardless of which God or religion you believe in. I truly do believe there is something more to our existence. I myself have witnessed and experienced miraculous and phenomenal events in which there is no explanation. I can say without a doubt and with much confidence many of these phenomenal events have happened after asking for the help of God or gods. So yes I can say it I feel there's something more out there a god gods spirits spirit keepers a higher power ect. To answer the question directly I think it would be ignorant for anyone or religion or belief to say there is only one God there's. Since ancient times when some the first people were discovered to exist and have the ability to communicate they have believed such as I do that there is something else out there that may have power and control or even created life and existence itself.

• One could SAY it,

But it doesn't make it true.

One of the many, many problems with the most widely accepted religions. They are absolute, and at the end of the day the slaughtering, bickering, and disputes all come down to "I am right because I BELIEVE I'm right."

And with that kind of mentality, there's absolutely no way to ever get to an objective, solid answer.

• We cannot be judgemental

Actually we cannot say say which god is the correct one. If something good happens or a miracle happens people would believe that,this, is god's work but, if something bad happens they would curse the same god they believe in.If we are honest in everything we do then we shall believe we are god..
    We cannot point out which god is the correct one.This depends on what we believe.
    One for all,one for all

• No, Not Really

With 7 billion people on Earth, you have billions of ideas regarding who or what God is. Everybody has their own concept of spirituality, and even those who disbelieve in the existence of God are technically taking a stance regarding his existence or lack thereof. Most people will try to suggest that their concept of spirituality/God is the most accurate, and even those who disbelieve in God fit this explanation. However, the most accurate thing that we can all say regarding God is that nobody knows for certain whether or not he exists.

Sagey says2014-08-18T08:57:37.293
There is no Correct measure for people's idea of a Personal, Spiritual God can be measured by. The Scriptures all differ from religion to religion, only agreeing on small aspects, but they are essentially all different.
So what can you measure the Correctness of your representation of God by.
The Bible nor Koran, nor Upanishads can be cited as good measures of a Correct God.
There must be something universal that does not change as well as being evident to everyone, including Science.
Formerland1 says2014-08-18T14:05:12.210
Well they CAN say that they believe in a god out of billions , but I disagree with them .
kbub says2014-08-18T14:05:42.600
That seems like a high estimate of number of gods. Where did you get it from?
Formerland1 says2014-08-18T14:10:05.733
I assume he pulled them from all those anchient ones the native Americans had , even so I only said billions because it was in the question . The actual estimate wouldn't be more than a few thousand . - all hail wushpush
Nuzlocke4 says2015-04-23T06:03:59.150
This seems like an awfully high estimate kid.