Organ Donation: Should all countries adopt a presumed consent policy and legislation in order to increase the amount of organs available to save people's lives?

Asked by: andyjfraser
  • I don't think

I don't think it should be like this because the parents should have the last say in it some families may not be happy with the loved ones choice to have their organs donated and and and and and and and and and and and and and and I'm done

• Yes we should

We should have the policy that presumed the consent of organ donation because it would save a lot of lives if the organ doner had the right match for the receiver. I think that if a person was healthy and has passed away then they should be willing to donate their organ to help a persons life.

• Let's save lives

Yes I think there should be more people donating organs becuSe once you die there's nothing else you can do and it's just being selfish or people don't know about this website, but it would show that you care about other younger people that may have a problem with one of there organs that you can help out.

• Yes we should

But it depends on the conditions of the organs like smokers and nonsmokers because they have to make sure the organs can function properly in the other body so I doesn't make the other body worker harder then it already was to function properly so I think there should but it's optional.

• Should we have a presumed organ donation policy ?

I think we should because so many more people would be able to live their lives to the fullest. To some people helping helping others is everything they stand for and they would stop at nothing to help. And that's what we need the more consent we have the move people's Lives and be restoredand be put back to the way they were before

• Yes we should

If we had a policy that presumed the consent of organ donations, thousands in Canada alone would be saved. This would also raise awareness about the situation and show people that did not realize how many people they can save after they are dead. This would result in people changing they're status from not and organ donor to an organ donor to save hundreds of thousands.

• Yes we Should

If we had a system of presumed consent it would greatly increase the amount of organs available, it would get people talking about the issue and their views as to what should happen to their organs after they pass away so that grieving families are not left to make the decision. From these discussions a person would make an informed choice either to have their organs available for transplant or opt out of the system. The end result would be more lives saved.

• I don't think

• I don't think that they should

No because some people do not want their body to be cut open because they think that their spirit are in the body or it is part of their religion to be buried or to be cremated I would not want any body cutting my body open when I am dead

• I believe organ donation is important .

But I don't think it should be mandatory if you don't say anything. But rather people should be further influenced by media and get more people to sign up to get their organs donated. If the government actually advertised this topic and gave enough information to the public I believe lack of organ donation wouldn't be a problem.

• Although it is important

Organ donation is incredibly important, even more so than most people would realize. Organ donation doesn't just save one person - the actual number is closer to, or in, double digits. That being said, while not consenting to being an organ donor is absurd (and selfish/fear based), people have the complete and ultimate right and say over their bodies.