Organ Donation: Should all countries adopt a presumed consent policy and legislation in order to increase the amount of organs available to save people's lives?

Asked by: andyjfraser
  • Emotion is insignificant

In death, emotion is irrelevant. The person is dead, gone. The only purpose that they can serve at that point is to be an organ donor. Other than that all that person can do is burn or rot. It is a waste to do this where you can help people who are still alive. Holding one person who is already dead over the people that they could help is rediculous. Presumed consent should be legal.

• Emotion is insignificant

• Yes we should

In my belief organs should always be donated unless requested not to because of all the lives that can be saved. When one person dies it may be tragic to the family but if the body is donated it can save more lives than what was lost leading to healthier lives to so many people.

• Yes We Should

I feel that the benefits of presumed consent greatly outweigh the potential problems. So many lives could be saved if this was adopted! The wishes of those who disagree for "moral" or religious reasons are not based on reason or science but instead on outdated beliefs. Many who say no would quickly switch their opinion if they or, especially, a family member needed an organ.

• Yes We Should

• I Believe Organ Donation is Vital

However, I don't think it should be mandatory if someone doesn't register to be a donor. I definitely agree that the media could intervene and advertise that organ donation is needed and how it would help other people greatly. I just believe that if someone doesn't want their organs donated or the family of a person, it is their right.

• Countries should adopt presumed consent policies when it comes to organ donations.

Today many countries have a lack of donations for those in need. The main reason for that is people not being aware or not filling out their donation card. If countries adopt presumed consent those who did not fill out their donation card will become donors. If someone truly does not want to donate their organs they can take action and submit that they do not want to donate when they die. Donations of organs are in need more than ever, if countries adopt presumed consent there will be less people in danger.

• Countries should adopt a presumed consent policy when it comes to organ donations.

• Yes to presumed Organ donations

I believe all countries should adopt a presumed consent policy and legislation to increase organ donations because everyday people are waiting to be called for a transplante and it could mean life or death for them. If I were to die and hadn't filled out a consent I would hope that my organs be donated so someone else can live.

• I don't think they should

If told my mom I would like my body to be "burned", when this would occur I wouldn't like if some pieces of my body were tooken out for someone else. It's my body, I wouldn't like losing it. It's good for those who do it when their living since they know the things their giving out. When someone dies from giving, it's better then giving once you've died, it's like someone removing pieces of you. I don't like the sound of it.

• Although it's important...

I don't think it should be mandatory if you don't say anything. But rather people should be further influenced by media and get more people to sign up to get their organs donated. If the government actually advertised this topic and gave enough information to the public I believe lack of organ donation wouldn't be a problem.

• I Believe Organ Donation is Vital

• Important, but no.

It is important for there to be more donors, but people have a right to make decisions for themselves, even in death. Yes, there are a lot of people who need organs, but I just don't think it's right to assume they would want their organs donated, instead they should talk to their parents about wanting organs donated or explain to the parents that their organs can save a life. Respect their decisions as well

• I don't think

I don't think it should be like this because the parents should have the last say in it some families may not be happy with the loved ones choice to have their organs donated and and and and and and and and and and and and and and I'm done

• I don't think that they should

No because some people do not want their body to be cut open because they think that their spirit are in the body or it is part of their religion to be buried or to be cremated I would not want any body cutting my body open when I am dead

• I believe organ donation is important .

But I don't think it should be mandatory if you don't say anything. But rather people should be further influenced by media and get more people to sign up to get their organs donated. If the government actually advertised this topic and gave enough information to the public I believe lack of organ donation wouldn't be a problem.

• Should we have a presumed organ donation policy ?

I think we should because so many more people would be able to live their lives to the fullest. To some people helping helping others is everything they stand for and they would stop at nothing to help. And that's what we need the more consent we have the move people's Lives and be restoredand be put back to the way they were before

• Although it is important

Organ donation is incredibly important, even more so than most people would realize. Organ donation doesn't just save one person - the actual number is closer to, or in, double digits. That being said, while not consenting to being an organ donor is absurd (and selfish/fear based), people have the complete and ultimate right and say over their bodies.