Parents should not force their children to learn things they dislike?

Asked by: RAXR
  • I think so yes

My father always force me to study and eat the things that I really dislike..What would you do when your parents are forcing you..Probably you will cry....I will listen to them because I am scared of the scoldness of my parents...But for me they are correct and also incorrect...Please don't think that your parents hates you, they love you very much...

• Put yourself in their shoes

Imagine going to work one day, and your boss wants you to do something that you are not comfortable with, or talk about something you dislike strongly. What would you do? I would quit. It feels like that for a kid. Some parents complain that the child doesn't have to throw a tantrum every time, but they can't 'quit'. What else can you do? If something is important for a child to learn, they can find out on their own. They are not helpless or stupid. Adults have more experience, and that is the only difference. But experience doesn't matter with something like this.

• Children Should Make Their Own Choice

If A Child Wants To Study Geography, For Example, Or Even Computer Sciences, Instead Of Business Studies, Why Should He Be Kept Away From The Geography/Computer Subject?! Why?!

The Child Wanted To Study Tourism/Weather & Computer Sciences, But His Dream Was BROKEN DOWN By His Parents!!!

Is That Fair?! Did They Even Consider What The Child Wants?!

P.S. I'm The One Who Suffered!!!

• Children Should Make Their Own Choice

P.S. I'm The One Who Suffered!!!

• Parents are not always right

Firstly some parents want their child to go to specific career. What if their child doesn’t want to go in that career? For example a parents say to his or her child you should go to in computer science but what if his or her child wants to become a teacher. Sometimes because of their parents force listen to them and go wherever their parents want them to go. Then when their child doesn’t get good marks they freak out but then it’s too late to change everything. So It is not good that parents force their child to go in specific career.

• Parents are not always right

• Primary and Secondary Education is about learning to think, not learning subjects

There is a common misconception that they teach students subjects like English so that they can review literary Technics in later life. We all know that this doesn't really happen if your not involved in an english career but does this make english class and literary study irrelevant and pointless? Of course not. If you want to work in even a basic sales job, you need to have fluent and fluid conversational skill to sell your product. Nobody buys a product from a guy who says "yeah sure look, it's a grand old chair ya know". Also, studying books and such opens your mind to studying philosophical viewpoints and such to be a more educated person, with less bias and racism. This is just english but examples of this type of thing can be found everywhere.
    I personally never liked maths in school, bane of my life and I failed it a lot. But one thing it thought me was dealing with difficult situations by working hard to fit the pieces together. If i had been given the choice to leave it forever, I would have and now, I'd have absolutely not problem solving or reasoning in my head, or at least not the the level you get with education
    So the students will just have to take the information and pass the exams and deal with it cuz after all, its only for a few years and they gain a lot from something they'll never directly use again.

• Not Everything in Life is Fair

Whether we like it or not, life will throw hurdles and make us use our thinking/strategy skills to the fullest. Adolescents will be going through a process of self-discovery and hormonal imbalances. This WILL include sexual curiosity and the need for "the talk". Discussing important topics like that will help children to prepare themselves for the realities of the real world as they get older.