Paula Patton opens up about Robin Thicke divorce being so public: Would you be offended if your ex-wife openly talked about your past marriage?

• Some things are meant to be private

A person's personal life, including their marriage and even divorce, should be kept private. There is no reason for a person to run around telling everyone these things, especially when another person can be hurt or damaged by the things you say. She should have been more tactful and kept things to herself.

• I would be offended if my ex-wife openly talked about our past marriage

I would be offended if my ex-wife openly talked about our past marriage. After all, what is to be served other than pure spite? I thin kI would be less offended than simply angry. The public is no place to air dirty laundry. Keep it between the parties in question.

• Yes, marriage and the events that occure privately need to remain private after the fact.

Yes, I would be offended if my ex talked openly about our past marriage. Anything that took place between us was private and should therefore always be regarded as such. It is especially hard for celebrities to maintain privacy with regards to their personal lives, which makes it all the more important for Robin Thicke's ex-wife to keep things between them.

• Celebrities play by different rules

While I can't imagine many people like having their personal relationships discussed publicly, I think being a celebrity, or being married to one, comes with the expectation that much of your private life will be in the public eye. Plus, a relationship involves two people, and both have the right to discuss it, or not.