People shouldn't be forced to do higher level math

Asked by: provideoman123
  • Math is too hard for some people

When math is too hard for someone, their brain gets overworked. An overworked brain means less efficiency doing tasks. Math is too much of a distraction, and math class is the class with the most distracted students. Students that are distracted go on and do inappropriate things such as drawing obscene pictures. This is all detrimental to the overall learning environment of the class. I hope one day the emphasis placed on math isn't too high. It seems likes the math standards are designed with gifted students in mind. But please, think of the normal students. Spare the kids the pain, math
    teachers, and let us unite in solidarity!

Note: I am very smart. I am not referring to myself when I say normal students.

• People should be forced not to learn.

Educating people is a burden on the state. The goal of a nation should be to reach that axis of happiness that it can find within itself, and when people are educated, they create divisions themselves based off of preconceived notions, and tear apart the well-being of the state.

Not only this, but all those with an IQ above 110 should be executed, and those with IQs in the 100-110 range should be experimented on in labs for the good of society. The only exception to this rule is the "Great Kahunah." Every single year a baby tested to have the highest IQ of his generation will be taken out of the roost, and will be trained and educated to be the Great Kahunah.

When the previous Great Kahunah dies, the baby in his line of succession who is exactly 21 years of age will be the new Great Kahunah. All those who reach past 21 years without becoming the Great Kahunah must be executed.

The Great Kahunah is tasked with running the entire show. He must sit in his great throne, and spend his days ensuring that the bureaucracy is running properly, and that relations with outside nations are good.

He must also wear a big hat shaped like a pineapple.

• Let's be fair

Math is very complicated in the higher levels, especially if you are going to become an engineer. Why should a school or college force a person to do higher levels of math when they may not be prepared for it. I'm just saying that school would be a whole lot easier if we didn't force kids to do things like Topology in high school unless they say they want to.

• Lets not go overboard here!

Of course, math is good to keep you sharp and can translate to real life such as when it comes to money. I think that higher level math should be an option for those who are interested in math. Most people take a class, pass it, and never have to use the information again. I think that when you get into certain levels of math, it may have academic value, but no real world value. How about instead of forcing students to take higher level math courses, instead, have students be able to take money management classes. Classes like this would have real world value. We are holding ourselves back because of customs.

• Let me give you my perspective

Here's something a professor wrote on this subject in the New York Times: "The toll mathematics takes begins early. To our nation’s shame, one in four ninth graders fail to finish high school. In South Carolina, 34 percent fell away in 2008-9, according to national data released last year; for Nevada, it was 45 percent. Most of the educators I’ve talked with cite algebra as the major academic reason." I have ADHD so I'm really struggling with this higher level math. I really have talent and passion for English and social studies. So why am I spending so much time learning math that I probably won't use once I get out of school?

• Why the hell do we need to know that?

Why would anyone need to fully understand advanced algebra and calculus and all that if they want to take up a career or job that doesn't even require anything more than basic math to begin with? I find it ridiculous that people are required to pass math courses that involve calculus and all that just to graduate high school.

• Why the hell do we need to know that?

• It is your ill concieved decision

A lot of people in the world would do anything for that education that is denied to them. As much as it upsets me, if someone wants to waste their potential to do something great for the world someday with the new knowledge they have gained and makes the choice to remain ignorant then no one has the right to stop them.
    Just think. With that new math knowledge you could find out thd origins of the universe.

• Higher Math is Good

Yes, people should be, math is needed in everyday life, although it's not necessary to learn partial differentiating equations, but math is a important subject, when the knowledge is yours, no one can take it away from you, whats wrong for knowing more than your suppose to?
    I love calculus bc and trigonometry

• We need time

Some people do not have the ability to think like others. So those people should not be forced into higher math classes if they do not know enough in the lower level. Some people just need time to learn. Then when they are ready they can move on as they please

• We need to learn

If you don't need to learn it you don't need to learn life. Life consists of many things to do with math such as numbers, patterns, geometry and more. If we look into the sky for answers we find numbers shapes patterns and science, if we look into ourselvs we find numbers, patterns, geometry, and you know, science