Personal information leaks: Will the risk of our personal information being shared or stolen drive consumers to lean more toward cash purchases?

• I Use Cash More Often

As a consumer I absolutely hate the places I'm forced to shop. I'm not a fan of the key chain tags, the data tracking, and the abundance of information these places save. I avoid many stores because of these policies and really hate it when they require the tags for discounts. I for one have started using more cash.

• No the risk of misused personal information is not going to move people to cash tranactions.

Consumers are not going to be driven to using cash by the dangers posed by retailer's misuse of personal information. Credit and debit transactions with keep growing as the economy grows. What will happen is that consumers will be aware of there information and keep a closer eye on their bank accounts and credit reports.

• People No Longer Value Privacy

The general public has lost all appreciation for privacy and personal information leaks are quickly becoming of little concern as the information is frequently being offered freely. Increased corporate and government databases are increasing the risk of that a loss of financial privacy will occur. In addition consumers are more interested in convenience than privacy so they will continue to make the easy sacrifice.

• Cash makes more sense

It makes more sense for consumers to use cash for many reasons including security. However, I doubt this will happen. Consumers are way to reliant on the convenience of debit and especially credit. Who has the cash to pay for everything? And why would you when you can swipe a piece of plastic and not think about it for another month?