• A compromise can always be reached.

People are often steadfast on the issues which they truly believe in. The Dakota Access Pipeline is no different, and for good reason. Tensions are high, but the combination of angry protesters and abusive police forces should not be allowed to continue. It will solve nothing and is currently endangering many people. Both sides of the issue should be taken into account and a compromise can be reached.

• Yes, I think so.

The US government can insist that the parties involved find a way to preserve sacred lands. I think the pipeline should be allowed to go through, but perhaps they could reroute their plan to give way to the wishes of the Native Americans who just want to protect the sanctity of their ancestral grounds.

• I think people just need to see both sides

I understand the people who don't want a pipeline running through sacred tribal grounds, and I also understand the people who believe that the pipeline is a great idea. I think the pipeline should be allowed to go through, but perhaps they could reroute their plan to give way to the wishes of the Native Americans who just want to protect the sanctity of their ancestral grounds. I think that if both sides can sit down and work together, an agreement can be made.

• Yes we can

The US government can insist that the parties involved find a way to preserve sacred lands. There's really no reason, besides money, that they can't shift the pipeline. Given our pretty historically shameful treatment of Native Americans, it just seems like the right thing to do. I think with some effort, a compromise could be reached.