• Media Informed Public

If the community was really worried about safety then they would ban any breed of dog that weighed over 20 pounds. If you mistreat or don't properly train any mid-size to large dog, wether it be a lab or a pit bull, it will be aggressive, scared and quick to bite. People are the problem, not the dogs. Its unfortunate that they're are physical specimens and were chosen as the top fighting dog.

• Treat Animals Fairly!

Some people have the tendency to believe that pit bulls are aggressive, but this is not true. The reason some pit bulls are more aggressive is solely because of the owner. I know pit bulls and they are the sweetest gentlest dogs, and I find it heart breaking to know that people think they are aggressive. Why would a dog be aggressive on it's own? It's the OWNERS that train the dog to fight!

• They Need Training

I, for one, am actually afraid of of dogs. Sure, they may be scary, may have a bad bark, but they are only that way if trained that way. If they are trained that way, then they will be that way. If at a young age, you are taught by a bad influence, then you will be a bad influence too.

• They are very stupid

Pit bulls aren't aggressive unless trained to be aggressive. My pit bulls are not aggressive. They are so loving to everyone and every animal they meet. Banning pit bulls is only going to cause another breed to be used as a fighting dog and it is just going to continue. Ban the owners.

• Is it stupid? Yes. Is there a better alternative? No

I know people all have their own experiences, as do I, majority of pit bull type dogs I've met were friendly so I'm sure some will say.

''oh but my pit bulls have never harmed anyone''
    or
    ''but I've seen more of dog breed X be aggressive then pit bulls''

know what I call that? Irrelevant, why? Because in the end all that matters are the FACTS and the FACTS clearly show that pit bull type dogs are most frequent in dog bites and accidents, so let me repeat myself, what matters are the facts and the fact do not help pit bulls

• People can't handle them.

That's the sad fact, and there isn't really any way to change it. Most people get them and later can't handle them. They should be banned more often. Here's an example. The idiot neighbours nearby have one, they leave it outside in a pen all day and in a crate in their shed all night. It barks a lot and it's never been socialized, can't be trusted around anything, if it got out I'm sure it would kill something. Kinda hope it freezes to death but it really isn't the dog's fault. The breed seems to attract drama wherever it goes.

• They are banned because people can't handle them