Planned Parenthood Funding Restored in Ohio: Should the US government fund Planned Parenthood?

• Planned Parenthood is Not Just Abortions on Demand

I believe Planned Parenthood should be fully funded in ALL states. While there may be certain programs within Planned Parenthood that run counter to the religious beliefs of some, the family planning and women's health services that Planned Parenthood provides are of greater benefit to our society, as a whole, than the damage to society that would occur, should these services be denied to those who cannot pay. And regardless of a person's stance on abortion, the United States Supreme Court has stated that it IS a woman's right to decide!

• Planned Parenthood is more than abortions

Yes, the government should fund Planned Parenthood. It provides medical screenings like mammograms and pap smears that many women wouldn't get access to. It provides birth control You want to stop abortions? Make birth control more widely available. We know abstinence only sex education doesn't work. We also know that some people use abortion as birth control - give them viable options not to get pregnant and that can drastically decrease.

• The United States government should fund Planned Parenthood.

The United States government should fund Planned Parenthood because it is a health care provider that enables people to get all types of health care, from reproductive health services to cancer screenings. Millions of women have utilized services from Planned Parenthood because it is the only place they can go, and if the government does not fund it, women will have more health problems because they cannot afford the preventative medicine and services offered by Planned Parenthood.

• Yes, they should.

Planned Parenthood provides a number of vital and important services for women, only one of which is the access to a safe and legal abortion. It is one of the few places that low income women can go to get health and other services related to reproduction without high costs.

• Nope. No way!!!

You want an abortion, PAY FOR IT YOURSELF. Sorry but I'm not going to be forced into paying for something I think is immoral and murderous. I don't give a flip about "Planned Parenthood is more than abortions" bullcrap. You want birth control, PAY FOR IT "WITH YOUR OWN DAMN MONEY and stop thinking you're entitled to make others pay for it for you cause I sure as hell ain't. I have no problem with birth control but you rally think I should be giving my taxes to pay for something so cheap even a teenager can buy? Besides Planned Parenthood was founded on racist grounds. Margaret Sanger, the founder of Planned Parenthood said these words:
    "We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members."

And most of the abortions carried out by Planned Parenthood happen to black children. So hell no Planned Parenthood should not and NEVER should it be funded by the government. You want an abortion, pay for it yourself. You want birth control, pay for it yourself cause I sure as hell ain't!