Playstation Server is down for many: is Playstation losing accountability for reliability?

• Yes, I believe whenever the Playstation Server is down for anyone, Playstation loses accountability for reliability.

Yes, I believe whenever the Playstation Server is down for anyone, Playstation loses accountability for reliability. The gaming industry is incredibly popular and benefits from players accessing the gaming systems and servers reliably and as often and as long as possible. When gamers are unable to access their online games due to server problems, Playstation risks losing players and therefore customers.

• Yes, I expect them to invest in making PSN better which they arent doing.

Their outages are frequent enough that they irritate someone like me who doesn't use the PS4 terribly often. And I have yet to see any sort of "compensation" offered. They are slow to respond with updates and care little to keep consumers informed of the status of their services and networks. It's a shame customer service culture.

• Yes, Playstation Server is losing reliability

Playstation Network has been down for service maintenance issues but it is frustrating for gamers and loyal users. There was also a hacker group that took responsibility for causing the PSN to go down in August. It is up to the company to resolved these issue and interruptions in order to keep their customers.

• No, Technology can fail for many reasons

A lot of the time, the reason that servers go down is because they cannot keep up with demand. The big tech companies have put plenty of redundancies in place to prevent extended down times, but it still happens. Without knowing the true cause for of their server being down, it is not justifiable to say that Playstation is losing accountability for reliability. There is an ever increasing demand for video games and the effect that demand will have is not always predictable.

If we find out that Playstation hasn't done everything in its power to prevent this type of downtime, then there could be an argument made. Until that time, I continue to have faith in their reliability and the accountability for that reliability.