Police beat homeless veteran: will more body cameras reduce police brutality?

• Yes yes yes

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

• If you know you are being recorded, do you act differently?

When you know you are being recorded you act differently, their is proof. Not only will cameras provide proof of brutality, make police commit less brutality crimes, but also many officers want cameras. This is because they don't want to be labelled as racists or bigots. In short, they want it, it provides proof of brutality, as well as decreasing brutality.

• Body cameras are not the best way to reduce police brutality

More body cameras will help in this problem by providing evidence of police misconduct, but they do not seem to be reducing the amount of violence that police use when dealing with vulnerable members of society like the homeless. A more effective way of reducing these incidents is more education and empathy training for officers.

• No, I`m not sure. If you're going to invest, invest in training and proper equipment, and come out much cheaper than body cameras.

I don't want to wear a body camera on me all day recording everything I do at work. I get that cops have a different job, but could you imagine having to wear a body cam at work and knowing at any time anything you do that is recorded could be uploaded to the internet and debated? It would be a miserable place to work.

• No, charges against policeman that abuse their power will.

Whilst more body cameras will reduce police brutality, if charges are not brought up against police officers that commit such crimes, then police brutality will continue.Many police officers are caught breaking the law on camera, however a significant number are not sent to prison or punished for their crimes. This issue needs to be addressed to reduce police brutality.

• No, I don't think it will.

Police violence is usually an act of opportunism where the police just lose it. I don't know if this is a result of the pressure they face on the job or just a personality flaw in those who use their badges to bully innocent or vulnerable bystanders. It is very sad.