Police dispute star's hate-crime claim: Did Calum McSwiggan fake attack by homophobes?

• YouTube star is charged with faking homophobic attack after cops 'caught him beating himself with a phone in jail

A gay YouTube star on vacation in Los Angeles has been charged with filing a false police report after police say he lied about being the victim of a hate crime attack.
    Calum McSwiggan, 26, from London, claimed on his social media accounts on Monday that he had been 'beaten up by three guys' outside a popular West Hollywood gay club. He added that the authorities would not help him, treating him like a 'like a second class citizen.'
    He said the attack left him hospitalized with 'three broken teeth and six stitches in my forehead,' which he showcased in a photo from his hospital bed, posted to Facebook and Instagram.
    'Last night was the worst night of my life and I'm really struggling to find the words to talk about it,' wrote McSwiggan on Facebook and Instagram after the alleged attack.

• Yes, I feel sorry for the cops that had to deal with him.

It was a hate crime. It was an act of self-loathing after nobody recognized him, NOBODY!!!!! "I'm the vlogger Callum McSwiggan. I have millions of followers on YouTube! And you don't know who I am?!?!" Beaten by three men and the injury that required stitches was from you beating yourself with a telephone.

• Yes, Calum McSwiggan faked the alleged homophobic attack on him.

Yes, Calum McSwiggan faked the attack by homophobes that he claimed happened in West Hollywood. The police have not been able to substantiate that any alleged assault happened. Instead, law enforcement officers claim that McSwiggan was arrested after vandalizing a car and injured himself while he was in his jail cell, prompting the visit to the hospital. He also has now been charged for making a false report.

• Police have the right to dispute as well

According to one report there is actual video of the famous YouTube vlogger, Calum McSwiggan, hitting himself with a jail payphone, showing police that there is an argue mental point to his recent attack. There were no reports of any witnesses who could prove that he was attacked and the night club was a pretty popular club in the Los Angeles area. There deemed many signs that this was staged.