Homeschool vs. Public School

Which type of education is better: homeschool or public school?

• Homeschool

• Public School

63% 39 votes
37% 23 votes
  • i say homeschooled cause then your kids won't have all of the distractions that come along with public schools

• ban gov funds to k-12, headstart/preschool, remedial classes, and all college courses that dont teach whats needed to make survival products(renewable energy, water purifiers, heating and cooling, shelter, healthcare supplies and services for testing for and treating physical healthy problems and birth control, soap...)and survival services(like surgery..). only have a highly efficient job training program that doesnt teach anything unnecessary for the job, to teach how to make survival products and do survival services(as above) give a gov no intrest, credit wont go down if not repaid, no collateral, confidential loan to those who cant afford it, where they dont have to pay it back until they have over $33,000 man made property value. gov school's only purpose is to: Dumb Down dont let them know how to independently care for or defend themself, make survival needs or weapons, or where its food comes from, to keep them dependent. deprive them of useful important info, truth,and non-words/pictures/video info by forcing/intimidating them to go to school school(day prison uneducation camp) is only to train slaves to obey(read,write,say,do as told), regeritate lies. they tell you its good for you, because they think its good for you to be a slave. watch harry potter tyranical school movie occupy its mind w the most useless boring info. dont teach it anything that could help it. illiterate in useful words- only teach words no one uses. force to shut up and sit still in chair to weaken body and immunity and reduce blood flow to brain to dum it down drug/poison it to make it weak so it wont move, experiment, explore or travel, to make it dum. keep them compartmentalized, isolated, dont let them socialize or travel, only know how to do 1 repetitive job deindividualize to collectivize punish non-conformity. schools target children because there small, weak, easy to control order them to look at books filled w info schools admit has no application that the student will never use in their life. if the info had application, the student wouldnt be allowed access to resources necessary to apply that info. they forget the useles info right after the test. the only reason for school-day-prison is to create weak obedient slaves.

• Please don't bring up the social issue. I will be graduating high school this year and can't tell you how much gripe I get about it. I have literally had people tell me to my face that I must have social issues because I don't receive public education, WHILE I'M TALKING TO THEM!!! That is the biggest misconception about homeschoolers. I am constantly involved in my community meeting new people and friends. I know many people that go to public school that can't stand socializing with people (Facebook/twitter doesn't count). Why do I need to sit through one 45 minute class while in the same period of time I could do 4. Not to mention the fact that parents have no control over the curriculum the school uses ( homeschool obviously does). If you truly want to debate over which is better than you must come up with something more convincing than "social issues."

• Home schools or public education which is the better option for the children of our country? Each type of learning has its own set of pros and cons. There are many differences and similarities between the two types of schooling that parents might not consider. We will be touch upon the social aspects, the quality of learning, and many conditions that aren't thought of in both these education environments. Socialization is a considerable part in someone's life, and the skills of interacting with one another is important in Canada's society. Does where and how one learns affects those skills? Home schooled students are out in the" real world". People with entirely different ages, races, colours, backgrounds, religion, and cultures. In public schools children are forced to usually sit in a room with 20 odd people the same age as them and one adult. Home-schooled students must interact with their siblings{if they have any} daily and must learn to get along with their families. They often go to parks, the grocery store, to museums, on home school field trips, therefore, they must be able talk to all sorts of people. On the other hand public schools stay in their boundaries and interaction with others outside of those boundaries are limited. Many say that home-schooled children don't have the same social aspects as public school students but, in reality these students have the same or greater{depending on what course they decide on} skills as public school students. We all want affirmation on which performs a better standard of education. Everyone wants the best for their child. It has been said that home schooled kids miss out on fun activities like art, music, drama, physical education.Or that even though they experience these activities it is at higher cost than public school students because these are in their curriculum. This is not true, kids don't miss out on anything there are many programs that kids do enjoy at recreation centers and these activities are also part of the curriculum for home schooled kids. In public schools have mass education, everyone is expected to learn at the same pace, there is a set schedule. Home schools are individualized, you move at your own pace, you pick and adjust to fit your learning style, you can go ahead of your "grade" level and finish your schooling career earlier. Public schools teach the governments morals and values versus home schools teach {in most cases} the parents morals and values. though it has been debated whether or not public schools have morals and values being taught. Public school's have 7-8 hours a day and have to wait for those around them or work faster for others. Home schools are usually 2-3 hours working at their own pace. There is less stress and drama in home school then public school. Kids aren't as pressured in home school. . Most parents have enrolled thier child in Public schools but home schools are rapidly being acknoleged. In a recent study 71% { out of 100 people} decided home schooling was a great idea. In both schools you end up learning, you have a wide range of careers to indulge in. Both areas you have social interaction. You participate in activities. Both try to have a postive atmosphere. they really aren't that different. It really depends on the student, some may thrive at home school others at public. Furthermore, for these reasons above and others homeschooling is very advisable to those indivisuals who like to work at thier own time, and progress with a true individualized education.

• I'm finding that people are leaning more towards homeschooling, and i'm finding out why. I like that (we as parents) don't have to let our children get basic information that lacks what is truly needed to learn. That we can actually provide endless possibilities for our children. Isn't that what we want for our children, our future leaders, our future in general?

• I think homeschooling is more beneficial. I used to go to public school but the teacher and school system were bad. I am in 8th grade but learning things that I hear high school kids talking about. I did the same in 6th and 7th. I think you can learn more and go at your own pace in homeschooling. And I would rather not bring up the fact that homeschoolers are not socially impaired!

• I would way rather be homeschooled. I would miss my friends alot but the society we live in now isnt the best and kids get bullied everywhere everyday.

• I was Homeschooled because I couldn't cope with all the stress of finishing school as quick as you could...Also the bullying,I never ever got bullied, infact all the boys wanted to go out with me but its the fact of seeing your friends getting bullied that pissed me off. So I asked my mom if I could be Homeschooled and she said yes...From that day on I was way better with any subject than I was before at school. I found amazing friends and they become so close they were practically family and that's just because of Homeschooling. When my granpa passed away I didn't want any thing to do with life,I decided I wanted to see my friends for the last time. When I saw them again,I couldnt think of letting my bigger family down. They helped me in life but that was because I could see them as much as I wanted to but in school I wouldn't have ever met friends like them...It could have costed me my life.

• I have picked this one because at school there are a lot more variety of subjects to learn where at home your parents will only teach you well in the subjects that they know and for the subjects that they don't know they will probably just hand you a textbook and tell you to get on with it which is not very handy. at home you don't have any friends there where at school you have friends and learn a lot of social skills. furthermore At school there are also a lot more facility's. and at school you get disciplined where at home you are under disciplined and may get tempted to take an extra long break!

• Homeschooling isbest

• We have to get children away from their parents and teach them how to be Americans.

cokeoffahookersback says2013-09-03T14:46:02.9315410-05:00
Circumstantial.
iloveumittens says2015-02-09T13:26:16.6834119-06:00
I think that homeschooling is better
Cadences05 says2017-08-22T22:34:17.5769652Z
I do believe that homeschooling is better for you. No matter how many times people say " Well people that are home-schooled have no social skills", but really, if you send your kids outside or you just talk to them, that's helping them with their social skills. Plus your safer that way, safer from the cruel world of bullies etc...

Freebase Icon   Portions of this page are reproduced from or are modifications based on work created and shared by Google and used according to terms described in the Creative Commons 3.0 Attribution License.