Polygamy: Does polygamy conform with principles of marriage/family?

• It should be legal (At least in Utah, Texas, Colorado, Nevada, Idaho, Wyoming, Arizona & New Mexico)

The Constitution promises liberty to all within its reach, liberty that includes certain specific rights that allow persons, within a lawful realm, to define and express their identity. The 14th Amendment guarantees the right of marriage to all citizens, and that denying them marriage robs them of liberty entitled to them by law. Marriage is an ennobling institution that bestows dignity upon those who enter it.

• Love is multiplied not divided

Polygamy is NOT for everyone. Marriage is not for everyone. Live a solitary live is not for everyone. However, for those of us who want to live in a polygamous relationship we have the natural right to do so.

The argument that there is not enough time or love to go around if there are two or more adults in a relationship is invalid. This argument, if logical, would apply to the number of children in a family. How many is too many? Two? Three? Ten? When do two parents run out of love and time for there kids? Should we limit the number of children a couple can have in their family because there will be an imbalance if there is more than one child?

The argument that polygamy would create an "imbalance" in society is without grounds and specifically without any supporting evidence from you. How would polygamous relationships imbalance society? How would participants in these relationships have more influence over society at large? Halliburton, Monsanto, Walmart, the Koch brothers all have created a huge imbalance with which you should concern yourself far more than how my wives and I interact with one another in our private lives.

• No, polygamy is not a valid form of marriage

A marriage consists of a PAIR of people. Be that two men, two women, or a man and a woman. Having multiple spouses is not consistent with the intent of marriage. In modern times, the definition of family is changing, but having multiple spouses simultaneously should not be included in that definition.

• Polygamy imbalances society

A family unit traditionally consists of two adults and then, later in life, a number of children. Although in today's society we have a number of variations on this theme, especially with single parents, polygamy is dangerous not only because it imbalances family, but also society. In a family with so many adults, it is impossible for each adult to give others in the family the attention they need. Polygamy can also cause a societal imbalance -- the more husbands/wives a person has, the more influence they have over society at a large.

• Polygamy isn't natural

Polygamy isn't natural because one man cannot adequately give all those women the attention they needs let alone all the children he sires. That's just common sense. Two is company and three is a crowd. Any woman that falls for that lacks self esteem and not considerate of her children. I wouldn't want my man entering me and other women that's nasty. And I leave my father and mother and vows to spend the rest of my life with my husband not his other baby mama drama. I would rather be single than live like that. Oh hell naw!