Porn Star Mia Khalifa: Do women really do porn to "pay their school tuition?"

• Yes, they do

But really, aren't there other ways to pay for your school tuition without having to put yourself out there like that? There's a thing called the internet, where you search and apply for scholarships. Why resort to something like this? I don't get it...
    Ask family or friends for help!!

• One of many reason.

There are many factors to play when it comes to joining such an industry. Financial issues. Not enough money for tuition, not enough to support oneself, accumulating debt. Higher Ed apparently doesn't understand the concept of providing proper financial resources to students.Sure there could of been other options but let's look at the fact that a porn star gets paid more than an average waitress. In-demand actresses can earn $800 for a scene with two women, and $1,000 for a scene between a man and a woman.

• Sex for money is a BAD thing?

Sex is amazing. Money is amazing. If I could easily get paid as well as female pornstars to have sex, I'd be all over that . It's not a bad thing, the people able to make money from having sex are just doing something right. And hey, have sex (amazing), get MONEY from it (amazing), and then put it toward school to get a good job? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat how can anyone consider that a bad thing? I call it smart.

• Some women do porn to pay for school.

The cost of school is very high. This leads to women to do things they may not normally do to cover tuition. I am not surprised that porn is one of those things. Being out of debt and able to cover school costs is a lot of motivation to do whatever you can.

• Yes, in some cases women might do porn to pay their tuition.

Some have expressed skepticism over whether any of the recent high-profile cases are really just about making money. And perhaps they are right to point out that nothing can be quite as simple as just that. Quite likely the women do find the work empowering, they might even enjoy it. But does that mean that their need for money is any less, especially as college students? I believe in this case you can have it both ways.

• Porns a good way to pay for school

They are human beings, not sluts regardless of what half you morons think. I think it's smart, it's an easy way to make money for school. You make $800-$1000 for bg and the rate changes depending on type of scene. Who would be stupid enough to pass up an opportunity like that?

• Porn makes money. School costs money.

From these two facts one can conclude that there are people who do porn in order to pay for school. The logic is so simple you don't even have to have been to college to understand it. I think the only reason anybody questions it is due to an assumption that porn is dumb, and therefore anybody smart enough to need to pay tuition is "too smart" to do porn. This assumption is itself dumb. It is based on elementary school level reasoning: there's something I don't like about you, so you're dumb! Maybe it isn't the pornsters who need to grow up.

• They are sluts

I am not saying they don't use their money earned to pay for school but most people who are going to college are smart enough to not do porn. I know tons of people that went to college, myself included and we paid for school without having to shoot porn,so its an excuse to be a slut and get paid for it.

• I doubt they pay for school

I doubt women are really doing porn to pay for school. It seems to me that porn is much more lucrative than your average college degree these days. Plus how do you get a job with your college degree when the internet is fully of movies with you performing sexual acts?