• I haven't hearn anything more stupid

Empower? Are you kidding me?? Women are portrayed as sexual objects, playthings, something used for men's (often perverted) gratification. What sort of "empowerment" are we talking about? If a husband watches porn, he'll likely to want the same disgusting tricks from his wife, and view her as inferior if she refuses to do them. She will fell hurt, not empowered.

• Biggest lie ever to sell products to silly women!

My comment pertains to the porn-style advertising I have been seeing of late: floor to ceiling posters of woman in provocative poses wearing sexual lingerie right near family-friendly food courts in malls. Women, if you think to need to wear this crap to feel sexy for your man, you've chosen the wrong man. A real man will love your body without all that get-up. Things have really gone backwards in recent years and young boys and girls out there are receiving the wrong message all over again. Women need to fight this stupidity and embrace their value by not allowing young children to be exposed to soft porn.

• No, though it could under the right circumstances

The idea of it empowering women comes from the thought of women taking control of their sexuality and using it to their advantage. Unfortunately, the porn industry as a whole does not appear to actually give the women involved much control at all. If the women truly had agency over their bodies and what they did with them then maybe it could be empowering.