President Vladimir Putin accused American politicians of whipping up hysteria about a Russian threat as a ploy to distract voters from their own failings. Will the next president have to take forceful action against Russia?

• The next President may have to take forceful action against Russia

Vladimir Putin is quite capable of creating a threat to America and it is quite possible that possible American forceful actions will be necessary. Mr. Putin cannot be trusted to keep his word and there is no doubt that he would threaten America if he thought he could get away with it.

• Yes, they wil..

It is becoming clearer that Russia tried to tamper with the US election and that they either were paid by Trump or paid Trump in an effort to do so. Trump has deep ties to Russia, and I would not be suprised if it turned out that he was actually a Russian spy.

• I hope not

However, Russia seems to be pretty involved in trying to royally mess with the US. There's hacking and a boldface request to participate in monitoring out election! So at some point although I hope we can avoid it, we'll probably have to take a hard line stance and demonstrate that Russia can't do this kind of crap without consequences.

• Forceful action is not necessary

America faces constant threats of terrorism. Many are legitimate and many are empty threats. Some are probably hyped up out of proportion by our media or our government. Every threat needs to be investigated, but that doesn't mean we have to take forceful action. I think the next president should proceed with caution as they are starting their term and should not jump into taking immediate action.