Prohibition of school prayer: Does prohibiting school prayer meet the establishment clause?

• It shoul not

It should not be allowed in schools because some kids don't all have the same religion

Allowing prayers in school would be like making a Christian school and putting atheists in it. It is just really really really stupid. I am an atheist I know what I am talking about

• Prohibiting school prayer is not good for the establishment.

Obviously, the establishment wants to allow school prayer. They want religious people to have the freedom to express themselves, but progressives think they are pushing a religious agenda. It is better for everyone if we stop disputing the issue. People should just practice their own beliefs in private and not try to push them on other people.

• School prayer should be allowed but not endorsed

The establishment clause states that Congress shall make no law which prohibits the free exercise of religion, thus to prohibit prayer in schools, even among groups, does not abide by this clause. Schools should not necessarily support or sanction any religious group, however to ban a reasonable activity, namely prayer, would prohibit free exercise.

• My Christian conservative friends said that mandatory school prayer was not constitional

That was their response to the times I said that the state governments of Alabama, Mississippi, North Carolina, and South Carolina tried to pass laws making Christian prayer mandatory in school or establish Christianity as the state religion. When Mike Huckabee was governor of Arkansas, he endorsed mandatory school prayer. Florida's residents has a sensible approach to a voluntary school prayer law. Most teaching districts did not enforce it. Both the ACLU and Christian conservative groups opposed it at unconstitutional.

• My Christian conservative friends oppose mandatory Christian prayer.

That was in response to the times I pointed out that in recent years lawmakers in Alabama, Mississippi, North Carolina, and South, Carolina tried to make Christian prayer mandatory or Christianity the state religion. Also when Mike Huckabee was governor of Arkansas, he supported mandatory school prayer. Fortunately Florida had a sensible approach to school prayer a few years ago. They had a voluntary school prayer law that most districts did not go along with.
    Even the ACLU and Christian conservative groups both opposed the law as unconstitutional.