Protection of Bristlecone trees which survive more than 80,000 years: Is it important to save this tree species?

• I think we should preserve Bristlecone trees.

I think scientists can learn a lot from Bristlecone trees that are over 80,000 years old. Samples can be taken to better understand the climate thousands of years ago and other environmental data. If only for historical purposes we should preserve these trees so that our children can learn about them.

• They could be useful.

It is hard to imagine today what kinds of products people will want to use 400 years from now. This tree could cure a disease. This tree could be instrumental in a product that would help millions of people. For this reason, it is important that all tree species are preserved for the future, including this one.

• Yes, it is important to save Bristlecone trees

Yes, we are obliged to save Bristlecone trees. I believe that we as a species should recognize the magnitude and importance of preserving something that has existed on this planet almost as long as Homo Sapiens. Preserving those trees will be a test of our ecological consciousness. Will we become guardians of this planet or its destroyers?

• Yes, it is.

I agree that it is important to save this tree species. Protection of Bristlecone trees which survive more than 80,000 years is a good thing to do. This is because it is a rare species and can be able to promote tourism attraction. It is also important for various studies.