rebels remain in action until Col. Muammar el-Qadafi is removed?"

• The rebels are the driving force behind all of the forward-moving progress occurring in Libya.

Col. Muammar el-Qaddafi has been nothing but a detriment to the Libyans while he has been in control. The rebels took the initiative of restoring order to their country by deciding to force Col. Muammar el-Qaddafi out of office. They are trying to create a positive outcome, and this is not possible while he is still in office.

Posted by: HarmoniousWilliams
  • I can't say I blame people for revolting under such a dangerous dictatorship.

Although Qadafi is already dead, as of yesterday, I can't say that I blame the rebels for inciting violence against a regime that has been violent to them. If a totalitarian government pushes its citizens around through violence, fear and oppression, taking these actions is the only ticket to get out of that situation that their citizens have.

Posted by: ExoticCurt
  • Yes, to justify the insurgence, they should continue until the task is completed.

The rebels seek for Muammar el-Qadafi to be removed, and they should remain in action until he is effectively removed. Once they have achieved their goal, then they can back down and allow a new government to take power.

Posted by: AverageHoward86
  • The rebels in Libya will remain in action until Qadafi is removed, as they are unlikely to ever give up and Qadafi is unlikely to ever be able to stomp them out.

The rebels will continue to operate in Libya until Qadafi is removed from power. The rebels are unlikely ever to simply give up, and Qadafi does not have the forces or resources anymore to ever fully defeat them. While the rebels may not control the entire country, it is highly unlikely that they will ever stop until Qadafi is finally removed from power.

Posted by: EminentBennett93
  • It's a valuable opportunity to change their world and make a better future for coming generations that may never arise again.

They're obviously dealing with a tyrant, so quitting won't accomplish anything. In fact, the odds are good that things will only get works if they turn back at this point. They should stay the course and bring about real change. They have the support of the world at large, after all.

Posted by: KevonA
  • I believe the rebels should remain in action to be a part of determining the fate of their country.

The rebels have taken over all parts of Benghazi, except for a government security compound. I believe that, if the people continue to present a united front, then they will prevail. It's important that the people who live in Libya, and are effected directly by Muammar el-Qadafi's oppressive leadership, should be a part of fighting for their own freedom.

Posted by: babiblu3
  • I support the rebels staying in control until Muammar el-Qadafi steps down from power, because of his treatment of his people.

The reason I support the rebels is because Muammar el-Qadafi hasn't been helping the citizens in need. He has been spending money on his female bodyguards, when he had no threat. He completely rigs the elections, and forces people who would be voting against him to stay home with threats of violence.

Posted by: AbhorrentRick
  • Yes, the rebels will attempt to overthrow the person that has caused them grief, even if it seems like a losing battle.

The people have attempted to launch action with flesh, bone, and looted weapons. Their leader only sees it as a usurping of his own position, and cares little to address their grievances. Thus, the rebels have taken matters into their own hands. It could take months, or years, but the end goal would be to remove the Libyan head.

Posted by: Bear
  • No, because I am tired of the U.S. thinking that we know what is best for other countries.

There are worse people than Qadafi who rule countries and are doing far worse things to the people than he is, but do we go after them? No, we do not, because there is no oil or resources in those countries. I am tired of paying my tax dollars towards us being the world police. Let someone else do it, if they really want to do it. We need to worry about us right now, not everyone else.

Posted by: 5c0tJung
  • This question makes no sense.(this is written as a statement and not a question)

This question cannot be answered properly because it makes no sense. Basically it is a statement. So now according to the rules I have to write another 25 words basically to justify why I cannot answer this question that was not written as a question. So here are another nine words that mean nothing.

Posted by: SlipArnal
  • I do not think the rebels will stop if Col. Muammar el Qadafi is removed.

I do not feel the rebels will stop their actions if Col. Muammar el-Qadafi is removed. I am sure the rebels are a very determined group and will not quit doing what they believe just because their leader has been removed. I am sure a new leader will be chosen.

Posted by: TickoCa22