Regardless of him being the first black president, should Obama have been elected president in the first place?

Asked by: Debateajax196
  • As a republican,

I am ashamed to say that I voted for Obama in 2008. The reason for this, quite frankly, was because of the alternative. John McCain is a senator for my state and I only started getting in politics about 2 years before the 2008 election. Long enough to know that I didn't really trust or like John McCain. Rest assured though, in 2012 I definitely voted for Romney, and regret ever having helped put Obama in office, but I still really wonder if McCain would have even been much better as an alternative...

• Not Qualified Before, Not Qualified Now

All the people who say Barack Obama gets treated differently because he's black are correct. Nobody in his position could have won the election unless he promised to be the first black president.

I think it is a true shame that of all the great black politicians out there, like Clarence Thomas, the first black president of our nation just so happened to be one of the worst presidents in history.

• Nope. He is one of the worst presidents in U.S history.

When he first ran for presidency in 2008, I thought he would be a good president because he was very charismatic. But now that I know what he and his leftist cronies have done, he is horrible. He racked up 20 TRILLION dollars in debt. That's more then ALL THE 44 other presidents COMBINED! He ruined foreign policy, He let Illegal immigrants flood America and cause a crime wave, He is trying to take our guns away, he let Isis rise to be the global threat it is today, and he is constantly trampling on one of America's most treasured documents, The constitution. Us, our children, and our grandchildren will be suffering because of what that Liberal Muslim president has done to America!