• Church and State were not intended to be seperated

I am a student in junior high, I am religious and I have studied the Constitution, and the ideas of the founding fathers. They said that a religious people is a moral people. In today's society we need religion more than ever. Everyday at my school I hear about drugs and bullying. The F word and other cuss words is probably used around 27 times in my ear shot during one passing time.
    Yeah, you might say that it is the staff's fault for not catching it, but they wouldn't have to if these kids went to church. Throughout my life I have wondered who I would be if I hadn't been raised in a church, and I fear the thought of it when I look around me. We need it! And we need it now!

• Allowed, but not mandated.

If school students want to pray or have a religious club, they should be allowed to so long as students of other religions are provided the same opportunity. The issue with religion in schools comes into play when the school itself endorses one religion over another, or instructs students in one religion. The school should not sponsor religious activities, but should not restrict students from their own.

• Choose to learn religion

Religion should be an option, not force the kids. If they want to learn more about a religion, then they should be able to. If they don't want to learn about it, they don't have to, it's their choice. We should be letting kids get an opinion on what they should and should not learn

• Freedom of speech and religion!!

In the first amendment is states that the Constitution prevents the Congress to make laws that prohibits the freedom to freely exercise religion and "abridging" our freedom of speech. Now in schools you have history.... There is one part of history that is not given any attention and that is of the birth, death, and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ son of God. Mostly because of science. Scientist think what you can't see isn't there, well let's see the BBT (Big Bang Theory). According to Discover and Space.Com during a interview with a Scientist Vilenkin it states "Vilenkin says he has convincing evidence in hand: The universe had a distinct beginning — though he can’t pinpoint the time. After 35 years of looking backward, he says, he’s found that before our universe there was nothing, nothing at all, not even time itself." Now we all learn that something can't be made out of nothing it's just NOT possible. All Scientist know this information so why are they lying to us?? Do YOU know because I would really like to know :( Now in the bible we learn that there was always and forever will be God, the Son, and Holy Spirit. God made Earth and all that inhabit it. There is evidence that show that God is true and proves that the BBT is a BIG FAT F'IN LIE!! DR. Gregory E. Ganssle says what I have stated to be the obvious, "Everything which comes into existence is caused to exist by something else. There cannot be an infinite series of past causes. Therefore, there exists a first cause which did not come into existence. In other words, the first cause always existed." Here is where things get interesting, "Big Bang theory does not prove that the universe had a beginning, but it supports this claim. The second law of thermodynamics does not prove that the universe had a beginning but it also supports this claim." HA... See now was that so hard?? The BBT supports that something can't come from nothing so there had to be something to create what we live in. One other thing, the latest survey (2009) shows that 33% scientist believe in God, 18% don't believe in God but in a supernatural universal spirit, 41% DON'T BELIEVE IN EITHER, and 7% don't know. Now if we put that 7% in with the 41% who don't believe and the 18% who believe in a universal spirit but not God that would be 66% of the Scientist population to NOT believe in God and leaves a 33% to believe. I can see how Scientist are soooo bias!!

• Freedom of speech and religion!!

• Religion is Only a Belief

Religion may be a sensitive subject but it is something everybody has. No matter the type you have to respect the fact that everybody has their beliefs. You can't shun someone for what they believe. There might not be EVIDENCE or PROOF but it is something that a lot of people rely on. I'm not saying teachers/schools should actually teach kids about God or other religions but they should allow kids to be exposed to the kind of real life environment. You aren't going to be able to protect them for long.

• Depends on context

Religious Education should definitely be allowed. Ignorance breeds intolerance, so the more knowledge we have of different religions, the better - it should not favour one religion specifically though. Students should also be allowed to follow and practice their own independent religious beliefs, but the school should not mandate compulsory worship. I attended two Church of England Primary Schools in my youth - morning assemblies were comparable to brainwashing.

• Yes of course!!

Letting religion be practiced at school does not mean forcing it on other children or teaching other people about it. It just means the student can let themselfs be and stay comfortable. Plus we are people too. Would you like it if you had to break the laws of what you beleive to go to school? CHECK MATE.

• America is known for freedom so why don't we let that shine through?

I am a student myself, and i'm starting to notice change in kids that have been steady christians from the day I met them,and I don't think it's there fault. I think its a little thing I like to call pure pressure. They get laughed at for a cross necklace or quoting a bible verse in there english assignment.Kids should be motivated to believe in what makes them happy,not what the kids at there lunch table think or care obout. America will never truly be free if we can't even stand up and start believing in what WE believe in without being discriminated...In my opinion someone is always gonna be offended,

• Yes it shoudl

People need to know about religion to have the chance to say yes or no. There are so many mixed up stereotypes that society has made. People need to know about religion to have the chance to say yes or no. There are so many mixed up stereotypes that society has made.

• No! Just stop!

Why the hell is it a good idea to take a place of learning and science, and cram it full of ghost stories from various religions that most kids wouldnt ever even give a single damn about religion. If you teach kids made up stuff from a dusty old book, do it at church. Dont bring it into my schools >:3

• No just no

The reason religion shouldn't be taught in school is because not everyone worships the same religion and that would cause issues among students and staff and their would be to much discrimination among people and students would argue about how the earth and the universe was created and which religion is true.

• I do not believe in a god

Why is it allowed for almost the entire school to recite a paragraph that ends in the belief of a god. That is religion being encouraged in school, directly violating the 1st amendment of not endorsing religion in public schooling. I will not say the name of a religious leader nor will i hear you say the name of a religious leader in my school.

• It's a public school, not private. No one has any right to push religion on students.

See, the fact here is that it's a public school. The school is meant to be an open place for anyone and everyone that attends. I'm a student and I'm an athiest, I have two first class teachers because I'm on an A day, B day schedule, one allows us to not say the pledge, but has us stand an put our hands over our hears in a gesture of respect to all who have fought and died for our freedom to not say the pledge or say it. On the other hand, my obviously religious English teacher (who's pretty much shoving religion down our throats at this point and forcing us to make a sermon) watches us and makes sure we say the pledge and have our hands over our hearts and all that. Also, I have a transgender friend and am a lesbian myself, so when my chemistry teacher asked another one of my friends (who is also a friend of the trans man) if she was a Christian (she said yes even though she is an athiest because she knew what he wanted to hear) he preached to her about god and called her over to talk about their 'shared' beliefs and even went so far as to take me to the side and ask about how to further accept members of the LGBTQ+ community... I said I was part of it and he said "So you're an acronym as well!" And continued to talk as if it would make the situation better.

The reason I'm listing these stories is that this is a public school I'm talking about, not one with religion in it. The two teachers that I talked about shoving religion down our throats have gotten away with these violations of personal privacy and the separation of church and state. The reason this shouldn't be allowed in a public school is that it changes the viewpoints of the children learning from these teachers and it disallows them from expressing their personal views without the threat of punishment.

• Causes conflict more than being free

I have seen many different religions in my school we are all very closed off and we live in a small community so we aren't open minded. This idea could hurt the kids that support one religion that many others think is wrong. I know that is bullying but maybe if we keep things like that to ourselves we shouldn't have to worry about them being bullied or hurt for the way they do their prayers or the way they can't eat certain foods. This is a gate for ones to get bullied or people to become a bully.

• Private, maybe. Public, no!!

If you send your child to a private school, there's a reason. Maybe you're Catholic, and you want your child's education centered around those particular set of values. Maybe its a technical school and your child is a gifted engineer. In any instance, you chose that school and more than likely, you're paying for your child to be there.

Public schools are just that, public. All manner of students attend from different religious backgrounds, and they aren't there by choice. In almost all cases, this school was chosen for you and your child and its completely free (except in some cases where you apparently make too much money fro your child to have a free lunch, which is just ridiculous) but is it fair for an Jewish boy/girl to have to leave the class because Mrs. Teacher wants the class to pray before the class takes a test. Is it right for a Catholic child to not be able to participate in a class activity because it promotes Islamic practices? No. Students shouldn't have to miss out because school's go against their faith.

I feel if religious practices or holy books are taught in school, it should be to compare them ALL or as historical documents(books).

• People should have a choice, not be pressured

The football team prays to god, there is a bible circle (but no other forms of religious worship is supported by the school), and if you dont say all of the pledge of allegience (under god) you are reprimanded. I have no problem with showing religion as long as all religions are supported in equal measure (even my non-religion)

• Religion provides no solid evidence for the existence of a creator. I also feel more comfortable with believing what scientist say.

Supporting Argument? What supporting argument provides why lies should be taught to unsuspecting children who then develop a close-minded worldview. I also hate the attitude that come with most religions, their smugness, close-mindedness, ignorance and bigotry. I would not enjoy the company of people who don't want to accept evidence and just go with faith.

• The US Were Not Founded on Christian Principles, But on the Basis of Freedom of Religion

Outside of a class like 'World Religions' (that teaches about all major religions, without putting an emphasis or a detectable preference on a specific one), religion has no place in a public school. The US (I am assuming we are talking primarily about the US) are not founded on Christian principles (as some may claim), they are founded on the principles of multiple philosophers and political thinkers of the Enlightenment period (John Locke's separation of powers, human rights, etc.), making the argument that 'our country was founded on Christian principles' invalid. The first settlers, while very religious themselves, actually fled from the institutionalised Church of England because they wanted freedom of religion. Especially the practice of an institutionalised religion (prayer in the morning), even with the opportunity to opt out, would be discriminating. Therefore, religion in any other way than practiced privately by the individual (silent prayer) in a way that does not disrupt school proceedings and an impartial, purely educational 'World Religions'-type curriculum has no place in schools.

• Religion at school should not be allowed

Yes, it is true that religion is important to some people, but not everyone. If you have a strong opinion about your religion then look for the right place for you. The society is diverse and unique. We have to respect other cultures and their status. There are students that don't believe in any religion and they must be respected. Students should be free to practice their beliefs, but those beliefs should not be institutionalized