• Church and State were not intended to be seperated

I am a student in junior high, I am religious and I have studied the Constitution, and the ideas of the founding fathers. They said that a religious people is a moral people. In today's society we need religion more than ever. Everyday at my school I hear about drugs and bullying. The F word and other cuss words is probably used around 27 times in my ear shot during one passing time.
    Yeah, you might say that it is the staff's fault for not catching it, but they wouldn't have to if these kids went to church. Throughout my life I have wondered who I would be if I hadn't been raised in a church, and I fear the thought of it when I look around me. We need it! And we need it now!

• Allowed, but not mandated.

If school students want to pray or have a religious club, they should be allowed to so long as students of other religions are provided the same opportunity. The issue with religion in schools comes into play when the school itself endorses one religion over another, or instructs students in one religion. The school should not sponsor religious activities, but should not restrict students from their own.

• If we didn't let kids practice their religion in school we would be monsters

Let's say someone is super nervous about a test and they happen to be a Christian. If they want to pray at their desk, who are we to say no? If that's what helps them, we need to let it happen. And let's say a Muslim asks to go out of the class for a moment and pray. Why on earth would we say no?! That is being oppressive and rude, and we are supposed to be given freedom of religion anyway. Religion needs to be allowed in schools. The fact that anyone disagrees with this scares me.

• Choose to learn religion

Religion should be an option, not force the kids. If they want to learn more about a religion, then they should be able to. If they don't want to learn about it, they don't have to, it's their choice. We should be letting kids get an opinion on what they should and should not learn

• Freedom of speech and religion!!

In the first amendment is states that the Constitution prevents the Congress to make laws that prohibits the freedom to freely exercise religion and "abridging" our freedom of speech. Now in schools you have history.... There is one part of history that is not given any attention and that is of the birth, death, and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ son of God. Mostly because of science. Scientist think what you can't see isn't there, well let's see the BBT (Big Bang Theory). According to Discover and Space.Com during a interview with a Scientist Vilenkin it states "Vilenkin says he has convincing evidence in hand: The universe had a distinct beginning — though he can’t pinpoint the time. After 35 years of looking backward, he says, he’s found that before our universe there was nothing, nothing at all, not even time itself." Now we all learn that something can't be made out of nothing it's just NOT possible. All Scientist know this information so why are they lying to us?? Do YOU know because I would really like to know :( Now in the bible we learn that there was always and forever will be God, the Son, and Holy Spirit. God made Earth and all that inhabit it. There is evidence that show that God is true and proves that the BBT is a BIG FAT F'IN LIE!! DR. Gregory E. Ganssle says what I have stated to be the obvious, "Everything which comes into existence is caused to exist by something else. There cannot be an infinite series of past causes. Therefore, there exists a first cause which did not come into existence. In other words, the first cause always existed." Here is where things get interesting, "Big Bang theory does not prove that the universe had a beginning, but it supports this claim. The second law of thermodynamics does not prove that the universe had a beginning but it also supports this claim." HA... See now was that so hard?? The BBT supports that something can't come from nothing so there had to be something to create what we live in. One other thing, the latest survey (2009) shows that 33% scientist believe in God, 18% don't believe in God but in a supernatural universal spirit, 41% DON'T BELIEVE IN EITHER, and 7% don't know. Now if we put that 7% in with the 41% who don't believe and the 18% who believe in a universal spirit but not God that would be 66% of the Scientist population to NOT believe in God and leaves a 33% to believe. I can see how Scientist are soooo bias!!

• Freedom of speech and religion!!

• Religion is Only a Belief

Religion may be a sensitive subject but it is something everybody has. No matter the type you have to respect the fact that everybody has their beliefs. You can't shun someone for what they believe. There might not be EVIDENCE or PROOF but it is something that a lot of people rely on. I'm not saying teachers/schools should actually teach kids about God or other religions but they should allow kids to be exposed to the kind of real life environment. You aren't going to be able to protect them for long.

• Depends on context

Religious Education should definitely be allowed. Ignorance breeds intolerance, so the more knowledge we have of different religions, the better - it should not favour one religion specifically though. Students should also be allowed to follow and practice their own independent religious beliefs, but the school should not mandate compulsory worship. I attended two Church of England Primary Schools in my youth - morning assemblies were comparable to brainwashing.

• Yes of course!!

Letting religion be practiced at school does not mean forcing it on other children or teaching other people about it. It just means the student can let themselfs be and stay comfortable. Plus we are people too. Would you like it if you had to break the laws of what you beleive to go to school? CHECK MATE.

• America is known for freedom so why don't we let that shine through?

I am a student myself, and i'm starting to notice change in kids that have been steady christians from the day I met them,and I don't think it's there fault. I think its a little thing I like to call pure pressure. They get laughed at for a cross necklace or quoting a bible verse in there english assignment.Kids should be motivated to believe in what makes them happy,not what the kids at there lunch table think or care obout. America will never truly be free if we can't even stand up and start believing in what WE believe in without being discriminated...In my opinion someone is always gonna be offended,

• No! Just stop!

Why the hell is it a good idea to take a place of learning and science, and cram it full of ghost stories from various religions that most kids wouldnt ever even give a single damn about religion. If you teach kids made up stuff from a dusty old book, do it at church. Dont bring it into my schools >:3

• Causes conflict more than being free

I have seen many different religions in my school we are all very closed off and we live in a small community so we aren't open minded. This idea could hurt the kids that support one religion that many others think is wrong. I know that is bullying but maybe if we keep things like that to ourselves we shouldn't have to worry about them being bullied or hurt for the way they do their prayers or the way they can't eat certain foods. This is a gate for ones to get bullied or people to become a bully.

• Religion at school should not be allowed

Yes, it is true that religion is important to some people, but not everyone. If you have a strong opinion about your religion then look for the right place for you. The society is diverse and unique. We have to respect other cultures and their status. There are students that don't believe in any religion and they must be respected. Students should be free to practice their beliefs, but those beliefs should not be institutionalized

• No, religion should not be allowed in public schools at least.

Yes, it is true that religion is important to some people, but not everyone. If you have a strong opinion about your religion then a private school is probably the place for you. The society in a public school is a diverse and unique one filled with kids from all over the world. I am a religious person but I also respect other cultures and their status.

• No religion in schools

I am a religious person but disagree in having religion in school because of two things. First there are students that don't believe in any religion. Also public schools don't have the funds or extended day to teach religion in school because they have to buy books and cut time off other classes

• Religion should not be allowed in schools.

Religion is something that should be kept out of schools at all cost. It is the worst when religion is trying to be forced down on kids when they have no other option but to listen because the school is demanding it. Kids and people in general should have free choice to believe in what they want and decide for themselves if they want to be religious.

• Not in the "Bible Belt"

I live in the deep south, or the so called "bible belt." If a person speaks up about a religion other than Christianity, or pokes holes in a not so well read Christians argument, they would have a whole class room angry and offended. Many times, they would just yell at them saying that they are dumb. This is not a good idea to encourage.

• Religion shouldn't be mandated in PUBLIC schools.

I think that this issue is pretty simple--if it's a private school they should be able to teach whatever they want. If it is a government funded public school then religion can not be forced on the kids. They should be able to have optional religious studies courses, but otherwise they have to keep religion out of schools.

• It Should Not Be

I am a religious person, but I do not think it should be in schools. This is because the controversy that always comes up when someone prays or does something that people who are not religious disapprove of There should just be a separation of church and state so we don't have these problems.

• Not In Public Schools

Public schools are a place that serves a multicultural society. They should not teach religion outside of a comprehensive "World Religions" curriculum. Students should be free to practice their beliefs, but those beliefs should not be institutionalized. If parents want a religious education for their children, they can send them to a private school.

Posted by: rpr