Richard Simmons missing from the public eye: Is he transitioning into a woman?

• Richard Simmons may be transitioning into a woman

Richard Simmons may be transitioning into a woman. However, who really cares? If the guy decides he wants to become a woman it is no one's business except his. I don't understand the infatuation people have with celebrities. What ever the issue, I hope Simmons comes out of his hospital stay healthy.

• He needs to be himself

Everyone knows Richard Simmons is gay, we just didn't realize he was into cross dressing. I won't believe he's transitioning until TMZ puts him on blast because they always seem to know the real deal. If he did decide to transition though, I would be happy for him because you only live once, so you might as well be the true person you were meant to be.

• No, Richard Simmons is not transitioning into a woman.

While the surprise that Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner pulled on us is enough to get one wondering, I do not feel Richard Simmons is taking that route. I feel his loud and wild persona was a cover-up for his shyness and lack of self-confidence. So now that he is aging he probably just wants to live out his later years in life quietly and more privately.

• Mr. Simmons is ill

It has been no secret for years that Richard Simmons' health has been failing, so the fact that he took a turn for the worse isn't surprising and doesn't mean he's secretly transitioning into a woman. People should mind their own business and not jump to conclusions every time they have a lack of information.