Riley Curry: Should professional athletes be allowed to bring their children to post-game press conferences?

• Yes, professional athletes should be allowed to bring their children to post-game press conferences.

Yes, professional athletes should be able to bring their children to post-game press conferences. It is my belief that if a parent wants to have their child accompany them to a professional event, they have the right to do so. Having their child in attendance may give audiences an opportunity to see the athlete as a family-oriented individual versus a famous person who seems isolated from the role of parenthood.

Yes, I believe that professional athletes should be allowed to bring their children to post-game press conferences. In a world where professional sports are more affiliated with partying, extravagant spending, and domestic violence, I believe that allowing professional athletes to bring their children to post-game press conferences promotes a more family-friendly vision of professional sports. Additionally, children add a great element of entertainment to post-game press conferences with the surprising things they say and do.

• There is a Time and a Place

NBA players are professionals. That being said, I do believe that for the post-game press conferences should be strictly players only. I believe that it needs to be a one-on-one between players and the media. Playing basketball is their job and unless it is bring your child to work day, leave the kids until after.

• Kids should be kept out

Professional athletes should not be allowed to bring their children to post-game press conferences. This is because kids have their own separate space in the world they should be involved in. Conferences are for adults. No one needs to be distracted by kids during these times, and kids don't want to deal with adults either.