Rock n Roll music (yes) vs. Hip Hop music (no): Which is better?

• Yes, I wanna rock.

I love Rock N Roll because it is way better than hip hop. Hip hop music can be sad and slow at times. There are a lot of weak love songs in hip hop music. Rock N Roll gets you in the mood to party. It is way better in my opinion.

• S s s

S s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s sss s s s s s s s s s s ss s ss s s s s s s s s s s ss s s s s s s s s s s s

• Rock N' Roll has many things that hip hop doesn't.

Rock has
    •More talent
    •More emotion (not all the time, but a vast majority)
    •More complex
    •More nostalgia associated with it

Hip hop has
    •Very simplistic music
    •Nowadays, a bad message most of the time
    •Association with the ghetto and gang affiliation

Also, I was raised on rock, so it does connect with me more emotionally.

Rock has
    •More talent
    •More complex
    •More nostalgia associated with it

Hip hop has
    •Very simplistic music

• Rock is often a more complete art form than Hip Hop but this is changing

Quite often, in rock you will find that the artist/band write their own songs, play their own instruments and sing the lyrics, thereby creating a complete musical piece. This is something sorely lacking in hip hop as many young artists download an instrumental track and rap words on top of them and then feel that they wrote a song when the truth is that they simply wrote new lyrics for someone else's song. Those who rise in the industry often continue in this way as they procure instrumental tracks or "beats" from producers and create lyrics for these and again, claim to have written a song.

Fortunately, this is starting to change, thanks to the increasing ubiquity of music production software like Reason or FL Studio. Some hip hop artists are starting to take control of the complete musical experience which is a huge step forward for hip hop. I doubt we'll be seeing rappers playing live instruments while performing but at least they're becoming more involved in the creation of what can now truly be considered as their own music.

• Rock music takes more emotion and talent to create.

Rock needs instruments and people WO can play them, with talent and it needs to convey emotion to the people it's aimed at. It needs strong lyrics, and a strong vocalist to convey those lyrics as well. Hip-hop just needs a beat, no matter how simplistic, and the uttering of words that all they have to do is rhyme and bam. You have a hip-hop song. No instruments or good vocalization necessary.

• Why I prefer Rock & Roll.

The reason I prefer rock isn't because I think hip hop is terrible.
    In fact, I think hip hop has great potential, and it's shown that.
    The reason I like rock better is because...
    1. I've always preferred a guitar over voice.
    2. The message hip hop is sending now, just isn't good anymore,
    3. Rock seems to talk about deep things more often than hip hop.
    4. I'm raised off of rock.

• Rock n Roll is better than Hip Hop.

Hip Hop is not good music. It advocates violence against women and it intentionally uses offensive language, for instance, the N word. Rock and Roll has been around for a long time. There is even a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Hip Hop music is not as culturaly acceptable.

• Hip-Hop is misunderstood

Most people who say they "hate" Hip-Hop haven't listen to much other than what is on the charts. People also just hear the curse words or drugs and automatically think it is bad, a lot of songs talk about their past/present addiction with drugs and how they are trying to quit.

I like and respect rock music, but I get bored with hearing the chorus over and over again, the same four instruments and basic lyrics.

Hip-Hop is know for it's lyrics, which is why I don't like most of the music on the charts. You may have to listen to each line before you really get the meaning, or you may never get it until someone points it out.

If you think all Hip-Hop has a bad message then you are either listening to the wrong artists, or you are misunderstanding the lyrics.

I would say that most rappers (that are actually good) write their own lyrics, I would say a majority of popular rock bands/singers don't such as Elton John, Frank Sinatra, Elvis and more. I'm not saying that these artists are bad, but you would be surprised about how many don't write their own music.

Hip-Hop lyrics are "3 dimensional" they use metaphors, smilies, play on words, personification and a lot more poetic devices.

• Hip hop 4ever

Hip hop has more efficient lines and not all songs are about the ghetto or gangs like the bloods and crips it has lyrical like expressing yourself and violence against woman and rocks just a mess and jumble of noise and gets you in the mood
    no rock and roll

• A "BIG" NO that Hip Hop is not even close to Rock and Roll.

We have titles for the awards given. Such as, MTV music awards which has all types of music., Country music, Bet music awards (where's Rock and Roll in there?) and many other types of awards. We need to keep the awards separated for what they represent. Rock and Roll is not even close to Hip Hop.

• Hippedy Hoppedy rap

Rap can be lively at times, yet sad at other times. It goes well to r&b, jazz, pop, soul, funk and even rock. Everybody can jam to hip hop whether old school like run dmc or southern like ludacris and outkast. Rock is ok but it's only lively in a horror core way.