Rock n Roll music (yes) vs. Hip Hop music (no): Which is better?

• Yes, I wanna rock.

I love Rock N Roll because it is way better than hip hop. Hip hop music can be sad and slow at times. There are a lot of weak love songs in hip hop music. Rock N Roll gets you in the mood to party. It is way better in my opinion.

• In rock, everyone has a role

Throughout history, everybody had a role in the band. You got the lead singer, the guitarist, the drummer and so on. While Hip Hop or rap music nobody has a role, you only make a beat that keeps going on and on and someone mumbling words that you can't understand.

• In rock, everyone has a role

• Rock has many different styles and interpretations that you just can't find in rap music.

The amount of emotion that is found in rock/alternative/punk/metal or whatever completely outweighs anything rap has to offer. I mean I guess there are guys like J. Cole and Joyner Lucas are really good at telling stories behind their songs, but that being said, nowadays rap doesn't take much talent if you want to be successful. All you need is someone who knows how to make a (repetitive) beat with someone who just mumbles and has popular and shitty Adolfo's.
    Rock on the other hand is all about telling a story that can be the combination of many different aspects, whether it be something simple about a girl, or something that is driven by your own beliefs (political or not) and interpretations.
    In the end its all about talent, and you can clearly tell which genre is clearly lacking.

• Rock has more variety

Rock has more variety and different subgenres. It uses more instruments making it more challenging but creative. Hip hop uses simple computerized instruments and is "lazier" in a sense. There are different types of rock music you can hear for your own taste. Hip hop as well but lyrically speaking is not always appropriate especially towards women and supports gang violence.

• Rock and roll ain't noise pollution Rock and roll ain't gonna die Rock is life

Rap is just fast talking with a bit of computers
    Rock and roll you have guitar, drums, piano, and sometimes more and it's actual music.
    When youtubers make songs they are usually rap because rap is easy to make, Rock is a lot harder to make but sooooo much better.

• Rock is real

Rock music is created with real instruments, no loops, no samples. Hip hop is created by machines and their is no emotion in it. Hip hop is music, but not music at the same time if you get what i'm saying. Hip hop is just loops, samples and auto tune, there is barely any effort what so ever!

• Rock Music has real passion

I may have not been born to see most of my favourite bands play,such as The Beatles,AC/DC,The Jam,The Stone Roses and Queen (and many more bands)It would've been my dream to see John Lennon in real life!
    People worked to make music and loved what they did!Even more bands I like are Oasis,Noel's High Flying Birds and Beady Eye

• Rock is called rock and roll(with it) for a reason

Rock is about emotions of the human mind and it just sounds way better. And the stories behind the lyrics are amazing. Unlike hip hop which is about being rich and awesome and having stuff with people which is what makes kids so weird and we'll if your a kid you know what I mean. Before hip hop kids were smarter because they could figure out what the lyrics meant, but now songs are so straightforward and obvious and about being a scandal. Rock is just a better neighborhood with meaning and life.

• Rock is better

• Hip hop is more empowering and it had a message before and to point still does... Rip 2pac

Funny how a mostly white dominated genre is voted against a mostly african american based genre. Thats al i had to say. This debate is stupid. Like what you like I dont care and the world shouldnt care either. Like Nu-metal for all we care. Music is beautiful, rock is beautiful but in my opinion hip hop is more beautiful

• Rap is needed

I think rap is better because it is lively and more entertaining. Rock is about sad songs and just lots of loud music. People might prefer rock over rap but i like rap over rock. I can reltate to rap at times. Also rap has your slow amd your fast. If your really into rap... You would rap!

• Hip-hop is for Everyone

Because lots of rock is loud I think it is easier for more people to perform hip-hop and used in more occasions. 1) The young and elders can perform hip-hop due to lots of rock being louder than hip-hop. 2). Because it is easier to be low, I think more people would use hip-hop in church and parties while in rock could be most times in parties for younger people. 3) I thin 99.9% of hip-hop are love songs while lots of rock; including rap, involves violence. 4) Because hip-hop is soft while lots of rock is loud, I am absolute more countries would/does use hip-hop before rock. 4) More rock performers than hip-hop look like clowns because of the unusual clothing and PAINTED rather than makeup is used on performers' faces. 5) Then no doubt more people know and have listened to Michael Jackon's music (king of hip-hop) compared to Elvis Presley (king of rock).

• Hip-Hop is misunderstood

Most people who say they "hate" Hip-Hop haven't listen to much other than what is on the charts. People also just hear the curse words or drugs and automatically think it is bad, a lot of songs talk about their past/present addiction with drugs and how they are trying to quit.

I like and respect rock music, but I get bored with hearing the chorus over and over again, the same four instruments and basic lyrics.

Hip-Hop is know for it's lyrics, which is why I don't like most of the music on the charts. You may have to listen to each line before you really get the meaning, or you may never get it until someone points it out.

If you think all Hip-Hop has a bad message then you are either listening to the wrong artists, or you are misunderstanding the lyrics.

I would say that most rappers (that are actually good) write their own lyrics, I would say a majority of popular rock bands/singers don't such as Elton John, Frank Sinatra, Elvis and more. I'm not saying that these artists are bad, but you would be surprised about how many don't write their own music.

Hip-Hop lyrics are "3 dimensional" they use metaphors, smilies, play on words, personification and a lot more poetic devices.

• Hip hop 4ever

Hip hop has more efficient lines and not all songs are about the ghetto or gangs like the bloods and crips it has lyrical like expressing yourself and violence against woman and rocks just a mess and jumble of noise and gets you in the mood
    no rock and roll

• A "BIG" NO that Hip Hop is not even close to Rock and Roll.

We have titles for the awards given. Such as, MTV music awards which has all types of music., Country music, Bet music awards (where's Rock and Roll in there?) and many other types of awards. We need to keep the awards separated for what they represent. Rock and Roll is not even close to Hip Hop.

• Hippedy Hoppedy rap

Rap can be lively at times, yet sad at other times. It goes well to r&b, jazz, pop, soul, funk and even rock. Everybody can jam to hip hop whether old school like run dmc or southern like ludacris and outkast. Rock is ok but it's only lively in a horror core way.