Roman Polanski and Woody Allen: Is Hollywood too forgiving of sex offenders?

• Yes, I think Hollywood is too forgiving of sex offenders.

I think that people are much more willing to forgive a celebrity of a sex crime versus a regular person who may have committed a identical crime, people often become blinded by their admiration for these people and the work they have done and are willing to overlook some pretty terrible crimes.

• No, I do not believe Hollywood is too forgiving of sex offenders.

No, I do not believe Hollywood is too forgiving of sex offenders. Hollywood is about films and the art created not about the bad habits of the people who created it. If Hollywood were to single out sex offender artists they would have to single out everyone else for their morally corrupt behavior as well. It'll never happen.

• Hollywood is Not Too Forgiving

In my opinion, Hollywood is completely right for not giving into sex offenders' wishes. In Woody Allen's case, what he did was completely disgusting and outrageous. After hearing about what he did to his step daughter, I never wanted to watch another film with him acting again. Because people such as myself are unforgiving, Hollywood itself should not be either. The fans create the money in this business.

• Hollywood isn't too forgiving of sex offenders

I don't think it's true that Hollywood is too forgiving of sex offenders. What I think is that Hollywood is too forgiving of their colleagues. This is very common phenomenon, all people are more inclined to be forgiving of people we know as opposed to people we don't know. It's just human nature.