Sabbath Day: Are Christians Required To Keep a Sabbath?

• Yes It should..

I wanna ask these questions. Do we believe in d bible? If Yes then does GOD change? If No then y is dere an Opinion that a CHANGE of HIS day took place. If Yes then Y believe in d Bible that says "HE CHANGETH NOT"... GOD NEVER CHANGES PEEPS

Posted by: Ginx
  • The Fourth Commandment has NOT been repealed anywhere in the New Testament.

Sin is defined as disobeying God's commandments. Jesus never sinned. The New Testament did not exist in Jesus day, so HE obeyed the Old Testament. So HE kept Sabbath. He kept the entire Torah (all the Old Testament Law) You cannot find one commandment HE broke. He disagreed with the Pharisees who added to God's Law like the fact Jesus did not wash HIS hands which was not a Law of God but a man made tradition of the Pharisees. So instead of depending on the lack of a scripture that has God repeating what was already made so clear, - maybe you should look for instruction to stop keeping it. You will find none. When I told my kids to do something, I expected them to obey until I clearly told them to stop. Jesus kept Sabbath. All the disciples kept it. In fact every believer kept it until the believers started being drawn away from it by people like Constantine who would kill believers that kept it. We are to do what Jesus did, So I keep Sabbath. You will never find a scripture in the New Testament that changes the day of the 4th commandment from Saturday to Sunday.

Posted by: Eddi
  • The Ten Commandments

I believe that the Sabbath is still required. Many times through the Bible it says the remnant that will be saved in the end are the Sabbath Keepers or should I say they that obey Gods laws (The Ten Commandments) . Jesus says to keep the Commandments. He never said through his ministry to keep nine but get rid of one. He knew what was ahead until the end of time so Im sure he would have specified if it was not required. We cant just go along with thinking that its been abolished when he also states this in Revelation. We must obey him, not man.

• Yes, Christians should honor the Sabbath.

One of the Ten Commandments is to honor the Sabbath and keep it holy (Exodus 20:8-11). Ideally, Christians should attempt to honor the Sabbath day as much as they can. The main thing to attempt to do is restrain from physical labor of any kind. The Sabbath is to mirror the work that God did; creating for six "days" (or epochs, depending on what one's denomination teaches) and resting on the seventh. Working seven days a week is exhausting, so it's also a way to relax and attempt to recuperate from a work week.

• Yes, the Bible is clear on the Sabbath's requirements.

Yes, the Bible is clear that Christians are required to keep a Sabbath. The fourth commandment in the Old Testament says that the Sabbath is for worship and for rest. While some portions of the Old Testament are no longer used, the Sabbath is still an important day for Christians to honor God and relax.

• No they are not

Christians are not required to keep the Sabbath. No where in the NT commands this. The Sabbath was only a prophetic illustration of an age of rest, when Christ returns. Christians should take a day to rest and revive their bodies all the same, whichever day of the week suits the schedule.

• Nope! Not if you believe Jesus said this...

Mark 2:27-28
    (27) And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:
    (28) Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.

It should be noted that "man" and "son of man" translate to the same word in Aramaic... Bar ’ěnoš.

This verse is often taught as "son of man" being a reference to Jesus.. But if it is a different reference point than to meaning "man"... Then what is the "Therefore" there for?