Sale of human organs for transplants: Can the marketplace be regulated properly?

• ONLY through the government

If the government pays people for organs then poor people would not suffer from decreased access relative to the rich. The government should pay a set price for each organ donation depending on what organ, though it could change the prices depending on how many it needs for a given year.

• Yes, a marketplace for human organs for transplants can be regualted properly.

Yes, a marketplace for human organs for transplants can be regulated properly. If a government agency is set up that is the sole provider of the human organs, than I believe that it can be regulated properly. The hospitals would have no say in who can sell organs to who.

• It Works Well As It Is

I believe that the marketplace for human organs is already in its ultimate state and I believe it is well regulated as it is. I believe if the market was altered, say the sell of organ became illegal, there would be no way to regulate the system in a proper manner, because the patients who were poor would be losing favor out to the patients who have wealth. That's just not the proper way to allocate organs, in my opinion.

• Human organ sales could benefit all.

Regulating the sale of human organs for transplants could be regulated easily. There are plenty of people that would be willing to sell organs for profit, myself included. If doctors did the testing to see who was a good match it could be a smooth system. With computers, it would be easy to regulate and profitable for all involved.

• The marketplace for the sale of human organs for transplant cannot be regulated properly.

The marketplace for the sale of human organs for transplant cannot be regulated properly. I think that it is a bad idea to allow anyone to be able to profit off the sale of human organs for personal profit gains. I think the donor list does its purposes and should be used.

• No I don't think so.

I think that a marketplace for human organs can never be regulated properly. It will allow only the rich to get transplants. I think that it will be a very corrupt system and should not happen. There will be people who are denied a transplants because they don't have enough money for it.

• No. I do not believe that a marketplace for the sale of human organs, for the purpose of transplant can be regulated properly.

No. I do not believe that a marketplace for the sale of human organs, for the purpose of transplant can be regulated properly, because it would most certainly lead to a lot of criminal activity. It would serve to do more harm than good. I think the system currently in place for human organ transplants is sufficient.

• People will find other ways

Once organs become for sale in the marketplace it will be hard to regulate. Just like everything else in the marketplace, people will try to find a way to make money by making them cheaper or for sale "underground". This could lead to crime surrounding organ sales and the ways people obtain organs to sell. People will try to find other ways to sell and obtain organs.