Sale of human organs for transplants: Should the sale of human organs be legal?

• SHOULD THE SALE OF HUMAN ORGANS BE LEGAL?(school assignment)

The sale of human organs should be legalized because if you are at the bottom of the list to get a kidney transplant and you only have 5 years and you have to wait for 10 years. Would you wait and die young or would you use the money that you have been saving up for most of your life to buy something that you have wanted or will you just let your self slip away??? I would use the money to buy my self a new kidney instead of just wasting the money on something I don't need because what if I waist the money on the X-box that I want. You won't live long enough to be able to play it or even get the money to buy a game for it. Just spend the money to help you and to help a homeless person get the money that you are using.
    Also another reason why i think it should be legalized is because their are parents on that waiting list that have lost a spouse and they have a child and no other family members to take care of. Were do you think they will go?? They will become orphan's and its not fun being an orphan. Do you want to create a child that will never know what it feels like to celebrate christmas with their family. Or even not being able to get any presents and i bet at that point the only thing that they want for christmas is a family to celebrate it with. I know i would rather die then loose my family because they mean so much to me. They have no one to love them they have no home they don't have a mom they don't have a dad. Do you remeber the games you played with your family? Clapps? Hide and seek?
    Clapps- It's like hide and seek but instead of you not saying anything you clap when the seeker tells you to and the seeker only has 3 clap commands the seeker is also blind folded and has to know their way around the house to be able to find the hiders.
    You know they would give up anything to be able to play that game and to stay in one house with the same family for the rest of their life.
    I know how being an orphan feels it sucks.

So the next time that y'all want to vote no on the sale of organs think about the poor kids that you will be sending into and orphan!

~littlebitt!!

• No, legal sale of human shouldn't be legal

You also gotta think about other people. People that do decide to have an organ removed they should have it transplanted because if you legalize organ trafficking, you're also legalizing murder, kidnapping, robbery and many other things. So, legalizing organ trafficking is like asking a question to the devil of whether you wanna live or die

• Think about all the kids with no mothers/fathers!

Every day their is a child with a parent that is at the bottom of the waiting list. When their parent dies because they have to wait a very long time were do you think their child will go???? An Orphanage. Would you want to let a child suffer because you were too greedy to help a father/mother save their life to stay with their child? All of the people who say no think about that. You are creating many orphans because of your selfishness. You are making a child that will not be loved and will not know what love and home feels like! I know what it is like to be an orphan. To know that no one cares about you. To know that you don't know what it feels like to spend Christmas with you whole family. To not even get any Christmas presents on Christmas! How do you think that feels. To know that you won't stay in one house long enough to know how to close your eyes and to move around the house and not hit anything. How do you think they feel?? So think about them, think about all of the orphans that are waiting on a permenant home to stay at!

• Yes. Its the humane thing for society

Saves lives. The sale of human organs should be legal, because it would make everyone better off. There should be rules of course, especially prohibiting the sale of organs from minors or from the mentally incapacitated. But if a person thinks that they will be better off donating their organs, by all means, they should have the ability to.

• It saves lives and money

According to the National Kidney Foundation, 3,381 people died last year waiting for a kidney, and each month the wait-list grows by 2,500.

The ban of selling kidneys effectively imposes a price control of zero. This price ceiling creates a persistent shortage. Some might object by saying that only the rich could afford the kidneys, however, insurance companies currently pay around 90K each year for dialysis so it would be good business for insurance companies to buy kidneys rather than pay for costly dialysis until a donated kidney becomes available.

Make it legal to buy kidneys and it will save thousands of lives.

• Yes, it would save lives.

Yes, the sale of human organs should be legal, because it would make everyone better off. There should be rules of course, especially prohibiting the sale of organs from minors or from the mentally incapacitated. But if a person thinks that they will be better off donating their organs, by all means, they should have the ability to.

• It's for a good cause.

I for one am indeed an organ donor, and will always remain one. I think it's perfectly fine for the sale of human organs to be legal. It's for a very good cause. The cause of life. If someone is going to live a nice, long, and healthy live, then I see nothing wrong with that.

• No, the sale or human organs should not be legal.

This of this situation: You are healthy and take care of your body, but you contract a lung illness forcing you to need a lung transplant. The person in the hospital room right next to you has been a smoker all their life, and just completely ruined their body. There is only one organ available, and guess what. You die and the smoker lives just because they could afford the organ you couldn't.

• Organ sales would be unfair and unjust to the needy, poor, and sick.

Allowing for the sale of organs for transplants would open up a horrifying dystopian environment that we should not want anything to do with. It would eventually become the policy that only the rich are able to afford the ability to get organ transplants, because instead of going to the national donor list, they'd be for sale to the highest bidder.

• No it should not

I do not think that human organs for transplant should be for sale. I think that human organs for transplants should be donated for the good cause. I know that money does offer an incentive for some people to give their organs, but I think that the greed of selling organs for profit would bring about much more negative things.

• No,the sale of human organs should not be legal.

The sale of human organs should not be legal.The human body should basically be considered a gift from God and gifts from God can not have a monetary value put on them.And who is to say what each organ is worth or if one person's organs are more valuable than another.

• No, human organs should not be made publically available

The only time that human organs should be made available is during medical intervention. Live transplants and deceased to living transplants should continue to be allowed with consent from both parties, as they have proven to be essential in medical procedures. The outright sale of human organs, however, should never be made legal. A person's organs are precious materials that are invaluable and go far beyond the realm of legal sale. It would be a violation a person's rights and body to make organ sales legal.

• No, the sale of human organs should not be legal.

I believe that the sale of human organs should not be legal. If the sale was legal, does that mean only the rich get to survive? The decision as to who gets a life saving organ should not be decided by who has the most money. Instead, more focus should be put on getting people to donate their organs to meet the demand.

• No legal sale of human organ should not be legal