School NEEDS to be shorter! What do you think? I have problems speaking to people because I can't talk at school!

Asked by: KraZkid
  • School should be shorter

School is 7 HOURS LONG!!! My school starts at 8:30 and ends at 3:22 after that, I have to do my homework! By the time I finish my homework, I have to sleep! I saw the video "I just sued the school system!" and I think EVERYONE should see it. I'm taking an extracurricular activity and it's once a week for one hour! From that, I've learned a lot. School is 7 times as long! For 5 whole days! 35 hours a week vs 1 hour a week! That's 35 weeks (about 8 months!) I miss getting to be with family and friends and I only see my mom for 4 hours! We stay up for about 14 hours a day and most of that time is taken up by school and homework! Someone needs to talk some sense into whoever wants school to be longer and whoever made school this longgg!

• It is 7 hours of pure ignorance

School is a horrible place where teachers only care about work, grades, and marks. As it may be school that some schools have nice teachers, many just want to teach kids stuff that they shouldn't learn.
    Kids don't get a chance to play, draw, color, read or even write at their own free will- only being permitted to do so on a teacher's terms. This kind of act towards a kid can upset them, and even worse, lower their self esteems horribly. They also teach kids things out of their interests, very forcibly I might add, while they should teach swimming, survival, and, even supernatural stuff.

• School is hurtful!

At my schools, the motto is: CARE. However, the motto is wrong, and the teachers DO NOT care about a child's emotions or physical pain. They have little stuff to help injured children, and don't let me read, draw, or write at my own free will. However, they want me to do all this on THEIR terms. I also think that they should teach us swimming, survival and even about the supernatural. At many schools, teachers themselves ONLY care about a child's work, rather than their personality. They don't bond, or even care about someone's feelings. As a matter a fact, it's almost like they want to destroy our personalities. They always say hurtful things about my work, not even listening to my defense about why it was "bad". They expect me to be an artist, even though they don't teach me how to draw!
    What I have "learned", is to yell at children for not being good at things. Also, it's a waste of my time, as I rarely use my personal skills. It's like I can't have ANY feelings AT ALL for seven hours straight! They force me to talk on THEIR terms, and I feel like they're constantly putting down my skills.
    All they are about are our "marks" and "grades", but there IS a such thing as emotions and personalities.

• We need time for cultivating other interests .

School is a place for studying, but not for cultivating ourselves interests. Otherwise, living is not only about learning, some entertainments are required for adjust our life, thus, people invented lots of different lifestyles. In addition to this, the process of you cultivating the interests out of school, it may help you discover the advantage of yourself.

• We are not other countries!

The U.S spends so much time yapping about how our students aren't smart, we have the highest record number of high school dropouts and blah blah BLAH! The United States is not Korea, Japan, Switzerland, Germany, or Cambridge. You can't force people to be smart if their not going to. So why make us stay at an institution that is pushing this paradigm! In other countries, they do have long school, but it's broken up, it's not straight through like U.S high schools. They'll have a morning class, an afternoon class, and that's mainly it. Some kids have night classes if they want to get ahead.
    U.S is just trying to shove college down our throats so that the states can raise the tuition money and suck us dry. Because that's all college is. A money making machine. I love education, I'm in some of the top classes at my school. But, come on! I need to foster friendships and relationships with my family. What good is life without these relationships? And, if you want to do anything after school or outside of school, you better buy some coffee to finish all of your homework. I just hate it so much! We need to have new solutions for a new generation who will not tolerate this anymore!!

• We are not other countries!

• We are not other countries!

• We are not other countries!

The U.S spends so much time yapping about how our students aren't smart, we have the highest record number of highschool dropouts and blah blah BLAH! The United States is not Korea, Japan, Swistzerland, Germany, or Cambridge. You can't force people to be smart if their not going to. So why make us stay at an institution that is pushing this paradigm! In other countries, they do have long school, but it's broken up, it's not straight through like U.S highschools. They'll have a morning class, an afternoon class, and that's mainly it. Some kids have night classes if they want to get ahead.
    U.S is just trying to shove college down our throats so that the states can raise the tuition money and suck us dry. Because that's all college is. A money making machine. I love education, I'm in some of the top classes at my school. But, come on! I need to foster friendships and relationships with my family. What good is life without these relationships? And, if you want to do anything afterschool or outside of school, you better buy some cofffee to finish all of your homework. I just hate it so much! We need to have new solutions for a new generation who will not tolerate this anymore!!

• Work doing great

<a href='https://www.Genevents.Biz'>My Events</a> Thanks for the share. I am so excited to be here. Honestly, we do every other thing like play games and text all day but it's bad to do something actually do something productive. The only reason pro age school this longing. School is 7 HOURS LONG!!

• School is a waste of time

School is a waste of time because it takes up your family and friends time. You probably just want to go home an relax but no you have to do homework we already do 7 hours of school why do more at home. I reckon school should be way shorter like 4 hours. Or even no school

• We will be even more behind

We are already so far behind many other countries on the education scale, and an increase of reinforcement outside the classroom will increase learning done in the classroom. For some people their school life is better than their home life, and being in school longer helps them get the education they need or maybe they lack of at home.

• School was not invented to teach kids in a tedious way, we make it tedious by giving the teacher a hard time.

School is basically the key to open a door, meaning that without school our lives will be unsuccessful and ruined. So it is very important to attend school at its set time, and not complain. Now you may be asking, how are we making school tedious? Well, we won't pay attention to the teacher and we don't give our teachers the respect that they give us, so that means that when you act disrespectfully towards the teachers, you will have the feeling that we all get when we think that our teacher gets us in trouble intentionally for small stupidity. This makes these type of feelings develop a boring moment that will stay for a time frame. Additionally, we interpret the school work boring since is nothing that is interesting enough to inspire you to stay focus and care about your work, but like I said, it is based on our respect towards teachers, if you give your teacher a hard time, is like saying that she gives us tedious work to do, so in order for we to get our interesting and fun designed work, we should not give teachers a hard time, that affects their energy to make work interesting. Hope you guys agree to my opinion on why school is boring and should not be shortened in time

• The length of the school day should increase.

The school system needs an overhaul for entirely different reasons. Your complaints are that your teachers are aboosive. I personally blame the unions, but that's just me. In other news, students in school are students not engaging in illicit activities openly. After reading your little tirade, I'm going to give you a wholly unprofessional text-based diagnosis of ADD based on my understanding of it, and I advise you talk to your guidance counselor if your school has one, regardless of what you've got on your plate.
    You didn't link the video you recommended everyone should watch, so I will.
    Http://www.Youtube.Com/watch?V=dqTTojTija8
    Having watched it, allow me to retort.

• School is just fine the way it is.

I suppose for children 7 hours may seem like a very long day, but to be honest it is not. I would say the average person works 8-10 hours a day at their jobs. School is only 7. Also another reason that school is so long is so that students can take the classes they need and also want to take. If school was shorter you would only be taking the main classes like math, English, science, history, etc. When school is longer you get to take more classes on top of the regular ones such as art, music, physical education, business, accounting, etc. Next i have heard the argument of homework. Well yeah there is homework, but lets be honest i don't think that many people can tell me that they go home, do homework, and have 0 time for other things. If you tell me that you either need to switch schools or you may have a learning disability (which i am not saying that is bad). Throughout my High School career i can only remember one or two times that my homework took me more than 2 or 3 hours. School simulates an average job because of it long hours. Though i will agree with anyone that says that the current schooling system in the United States is bad. I think that school should only be able to give a certain amount of homework per day, and that school could use some more individuality and creativity. But the hours are one of the main things that should never be changed.

• School should most defiantly stay as long as it is

School is there for your education, you only hate it because you have a negative approach to it, school is quite fun with the correct resources. Homework is used to HELP you remember what you learned, like flash cards!, we take education for granted because there are children who do not have access to any education.

• No school should stay the way it is.

I totally disagree for this so your saying that school should be short and for what?
    To sit on the couch and have no education and just watch TV and play games when school could give us a better future so that you can have a career and have a successful life.

• No school should stay the way it is.

• No... Just no.

Uh, no... I'm not sure what the hell types of schools you people are attending, but I am in school for 8 hours, and I learn new things every single hour I spend there. Cutting from school hours would just make the school year longer! What types of homeworks are you guys doing that makes it so that you need more than 4 hours to do? I'm not sure if they're making you do 6 page essays or you guys are just really inefficient. Like seriously... 5 hour homeworks!. I could do a 200 word essay in under 15 minutes, and I'm assuming that they're not making you do 20 200 word essays. And, all of the people saying that school should not be long because people skip it. YES, I'M LOOKING AT YOU RIGHT DOWN THERE! First of all, that's saying that people who lost data because somebody delete it should be ashamed of themselves because they don't have a backup. But seriously guys, you keep revolving around the idea that you need more time to do homework. HOW MUCH HOMEWORK DO THEY GIVE YOU THAT IT TAKES MORE THAN 4 HOURS TO DO? YOU KNOW WHAT COMMENT THOSE TYPES OF HOMEWORKS. It should take only an hour to do them unless it's a book report.

• You need your education.

School is the easiest "job" you will ever have. Some kids can't even get an education in other countries. You will have plenty of time for other things in your life so focus on school and get a good education. Be inspired to learn. Stop complaining and start learning something.

• As unfair as it seems, school should either stay the same or be longer.

The fact that you want to leave school shows how uneducated you are. If you had at least an average intelligence then you would know that being smart is more important than your social life. Having an educated society is more important than the feelings of lazy children, which I am not proud to say I am one. And even If we did this, we would eith have to have a longer school year or have school on the weekends.