School searches of student lockers: Do schools have the right to search students™ lockers?

• There is reason

I think they shouldn't UNLESS they have a solid suspicion and reasons to do it there could be private things in there that others don't want to be seen. They should be able to open it whenever but not go thru there things without a reason / um. Last four words

• There is reason

• Has anyone seen degrassi with Drake!!!!!!

If anyone has seen Degrassi, the Canadian drama television series, you will know that someone brought a gun to scoop, and that gun was used to shoot Drake's character in the back!! If the authority would just check the lockers say once or twice every month, then shootings and drugs in and throughout school would be decreased maybe!

• Yes they should

Don't bring mettle detectors to search lockers THE LOCKERS ARE MADE OUT OF METTLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1

• Sure, if a reasonable explanation for 'why' is provided.

If a member of the school's staff expresses the need to search an individual's locker, then they had better have a strong reason as to why. They cannot just go into a student's locker and look around if the reason for doing so is not valid.
    If the explanation is one that is urgent and is to protect the rest of the school, then yes they have the right to do so. But then and only then are they allowed to.

• Yes because its not your property.

Also because of drug searches and weapons. There might be illegal drugs also.. Plus, it isnt your locker to start with. The schools have every right to search your locker or your childs' locker. If it isnt your property, then you shouldnt be hiding stuff in it . Therefore, the schools should be able to check your locker.

• Yes, schools have the right to search student lockers.

Schools have the right to search students lockers because they must put students safety first. When a student enters onto campus they are consenting and agreeing to a search. This is usually posted near entrances in schools. School employees act on reasonable suspicion when determining if it is appropriate to search a students belongings.

• Yes, given the correct probable cause

If a school feels like a student has illegal or harmful substances in their lockers, the school absolutely has the right to search the locker in question. A student has no more rights to privacy than any other person. I believe that randomly opening lockers is wrong. But if a drug sniffing dog alerts that there are drugs in locker, then absolutely it should be opened.

• Yes, I believe that schools have the right to search student lockers

Even though Faculty, staff and school security are not allowed to rummage through a students property, I believe that a law that makes student and parents must sign a waiver allowing student lockers to go through a search and seizure by faculty/security is important law to consider. Of course there will be reasonable premise for the search of student locker but it involves the safety of everyone on campus.

• Our little privacy

I am from high school and I feel like we have no space to breath. We should if anything have our locker to our self. I know some kids are stupid and brings drugs and guns. But why should we all suffer because of a few? If anything id rather have metal detectors and drug dogs then people going threw what little privacy we have.

• We would have no rights to privacy

Being a middle school student I have had little time to myself. We are entitled to whatever is inside that locker, and with the ever growing possibility of school metal detectors, why have locker searches when most harmful items will be detected while entering the building? This is why I say it is a bad idea.