School uniform: Do school uniforms improve student's academic performance?

• Uniforms help academic performance

I believe that uniforms help us to do better in school because they make us, as students, respect teachers and rules. Uniforms take away distractions in the classroom and help us to focus on learning. I've been in schools both with and without uniforms, and I can definitely say that uniforms have helped to motivate me with my learning.

• Yes they do

They r kewl. I like them because the improve productivity growth and development a s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s so s s s s s s s s s as s s z a a a aa aa so. S

• Yes they do

• Yes they do

• Yes they do

• It is the right thing

Well, I went to a private school for 12 years but then we moved and the best school was a public school.
    Over time, i realized that i I was more addicted to how I looked than studying. Sure I got good grades but I knew I could better if I gave little more effort. Now it is hard, if you don't follow the latest trends like the Kendra Scott necklace.
    Sooo uniforms are way better

• Quiet Simply it does

If you don't give a child money, he or she won't be spending their time thinking about what they're gonna buy. This also applies for school uniform. If the student doesn't have the choice on what to wear, he or she then will have more time finishing off the overdue assignment

• Yes I do

It only makes sense that it is effective. You dont have to worry about much oppose to having to worry about what your gunna wear to school. It takes a bit of the pressure off, wondering wheather or not other will accept you for you or for the clothes you have

• Yes I do

• Yes, they do.

I really believe that school uniforms can improve academic performance. School uniforms can improve discipline in the classroom. It can also improve the ability to concentrate on lessons and on homework without having to worry about what they will wear tomorrow. This will also decrease the pressure of wearing a trendy brand to fit in at school.

• Uniforms are an unnecessary byproduct of American History of the human race!!!

It is just stupid lmao, if you have to wear a uniform to be smart, then you are just plain stupid, all the comments that say that uniforms do make you smarter? Who are you lmao you are no humans at all. . . . . . . . . . .

• No, school uniforms do not improve academic performance.

It doesn't matter what you wear, it's how hard you study and how well you prepare for classes. If you study with or without a uniform, your grades will show it. Whether you're wearing khaki pants and a polo or jeans and a t-shirt, the brain doesn't change. It stays as smart as it already is.

• No that is false

I have a speech for school and this one of the questions i have asked. This helps a lot. No that isn't true because i asked my teachers they said "yes" so i asked my classmates they all said For assignments and projects they get C's and below Most likely a D

• No that is false

• No, they absolutely do not

First of all, studies show that school uniforms do not improve grades. Another study suggests that "[U]niforms have little to no effect on boosting achievement levels and, in some cases, can hurt them. A public school study found that uniformed public school students, on every examination except reading, scored worse than their "uniform-free counterparts."
    Students in private schools with uniform policies scored lower than their counterparts with no uniform policy in reading and math examinations. And, surprisingly, Catholic schools with required uniforms scored lower in reading, science, and history.
    However, teachers may argue that the uniforms improve attendance and school safety, and that may be true, but in this case, the benefits of having no uniforms are greater than the downsides.
    Even if teachers and administrators perceive that students look sharper, more disciplined, and attentive in spiffy uniforms, they don't actually perform any better academically.

• Experience in high school

I can dress up anyway I want but it doesn't change the way I learn. It changes my appearance but it wont change the way I think. They want us to think it helps, but its just there to make us dress good so the school can look good. You can only get education if you work hard for it not the way you dress.

• Constricted and Stuck

Having a uniform is no fun. Trust me, I have to wear one everyday for school. Uniforms do not affect a students grades, that is a mental thought and is not true. My grades have not changed from uniform to no uniform, public school students can still be smarter than students with a uniform. It all depends on the motivation of the kid and the commitment he or she puts in it. And picking clothes isn't that time consuming. I find a shirt, put it on, pants, put it on. Boom done. Faster than tucking in my shirt, add the belt, and don't forget the tie. Takes about ten min to get ready so don't give me that time crap. Thanks.

• Uniforms Do Not Directly Improve Performance

I do not believe that school uniforms directly improve a student's academic performance. I believe uniforms can help improve a learning environment by eliminating things that may be distracting. I do not believe clothing can suddenly enhance a students performance. I think uniforms stop children from making comparison or possibly bullying another student, based on their clothing.

• No they don't.

I think that school uniforms do not have any noticeable effects on a student's academic performance. If a student is going to do well it is likely because they have been studying or are just naturally smart. It is not because they are wearing a certain color shirt and pants.

• School Uniforms Do Not Improve Academic Performance

School uniforms do not improve academic performance. Typically, schools which require a dress uniform are those which are privately funded, not publicly funded. Private schools therefore have their own set of standards, rules of conduct, and a dress code. The rigidity of the school and the environment and affluence are more likely factors that contribute to school performance in schools which require uniforms.