School uniform: Should uniforms in public and private schools be required?

• Price of Uniforms Depend on the Schools

Many schools that have uniforms may be very expensive. You wear these outfits every year. You can grow fast and not fit into them by the end of the year and need to buy more. You never wear the uniforms again after school ends. So really your paying for clothes you wear half a day.

• Save money idiots

Theme 2:
    Uniforms will save families money / Students won't pressure their parents to buy clothes some families can't afford. Maybe you are poor and do not have that much money you need to pay your water money, electricity and maybe it is more than 1000 thousand and you have to give it to there, what are going to do. You know I have met some private schools that give uniforms for free. And maybe you are saving that money for your vacancies to the country that you came from and you are going there to see your grandpa, grandma or your relatives and you o not want to waste on your clothes. Maybe your family cannot afford that money.

• Yes they should.

School uniforms in public and private schools should be required. There have been stuidy after stufy conducted if they are beneficial or not and guess what, they are. Schools that have required uniforms have higher test score and the students are able to learn faster which will help them in life.

• Yes for uniforms

Yes, I definitely believe that uniforms should be required in public, and for sure in private schools. They really don't have to be total dressy uniforms, just the same shirts and jeans or skirts for the girls. It creates an equal learning environment for all the kids without feeling inadequate.

• It is stupid

Why would a school want to have their students wear uniforms? Because they think it would be nice to have everyone looking exactly the same so that they could like unite their school, which in real life isn't what happens. In real life, people don't get to express their inner self, leaving everyone is sorrow.

• No, if private schools want them, that's fine, but not public ones.

Private schools can have them if they want, but public schools should not require them. The idea of making students wear uniforms for "equality" is ridiculous, because if you open your eyes, you will realize that people are different. Some people are taller, some are larger, some have different colored skin or hair. Uniforms only make these differences more noticeable. If a student has to wear a certain article of clothing for religious reasons, or if they have a noticeable physical disability, or if they are obese, it is just all the more obvious when everyone is dressed the same. In addition to that, kids need to find out who they are and requiring uniforms only enforces the idea that everyone should be the same. Most people feel happier and more confident when they are wearing something that they like. Of course, basic dress codes should be enforced, such as no clothing that reveals private body parts, or shirts with offensive slogans or messages, but other than that, why does it matter if one person wants to wear a yellow shirt, and somebody else has on a jean jacket? I, as a student, have never had the experience of being so distracted by somebodies clothes that I was unable to do my work, or pay attention to the lesson.

• What is the point?

No, uniforms should not be required. Why? So that children are all the same? People are not all the same. So that children are not jealous because someone else has better clothes than them? That's a lesson they might as well learn early. There will always be people with better and more. That's the way of the world. Children might as well learn early.

• No, I do not believe school uniforms should be required.

No, I do not believe school uniforms should be required. I do think there should be dress code policies in school, but I do not think uniforms should be required. I think giving a child some freedom to decide what they want to wear and be an individual is a good thing, within the limits of modesty.

• No, they shouldn't

What would this accomplish? Uniforms stifle the self expression some kids like to embrace, but even if you consider that a good thing, wouldn't that be the end of the list of things that uniforms change? There's really no need to be leading a charge about this one, it's not goign to translate into anything noteworthy.

• Uniforms in public and private schools should not be required.

Uniforms in public and private schools should not be required. I think that students should be allowed to dress themselves appropriately for school. This was never an issue until recently when they implemented new rules for everyone to follow. I think school uniforms will not change the behavior of students.

• Uniforms are a sign of conforming and farm culture.

I do not think that uniforms should be required at any kind of school, public or private. I think that uniforms are a way to turn a crowd of individuals into a herd of sheep. Let students express themselves, within reason, through their clothing. It hurts nobody as long as it isn't abused.

• No for uniforms

I think that students shouldn't have to wear uniforms. It strips them of their creativity. It makes it where they can't express their personality more. Sure you can express your personality through words, but clothes can say more than your mouth ever could. We should be able to be who we are clothes and all.