• Less bullying would ocur

In uniforms were added to a school more than likely the bully rate will go down, this would have a chain reaction with suicide rates in high/middle schools, lowering the nation's suicide rate by a faction. Also bully victims are more likely to drop out of school, and sure uniforms are somewhat costly, but that uniform can potentially save someones life/education.

• Everyone would be equal

If uniforms were added at schools, no one would ever get bullied because they don't wear the "cool" brand of clothes. With the price in mind, students only need to buy 2 sets of the uniform, instead of having to buy so many different articles of clothing. If students ever went on a field trip, then teachers and adults would be able to locate their kids easier, making it a lot harder to lose some kids to the crowd.

• Students should have to wear schol uniform for school

You’re at school, someone comes up and pushes you, they say cruel things about the way you dress and the clothes you are wearing. You try to escape but you can’t, they push you down again and again. When you get home you go to your room and cry yourself to sleep and wish you could get out of this terrible world. Bullying plays a huge part in every school. Study shows that there is a distinct decrease in bully rates in schools that have a uniform policy. Bullies target the easy victims, therefore in schools that can wear casual clothes they will target the students with the cheapest clothing that is old, baggy and are not of the top brands. Bullying can be pushed too far and make the victim commit suicide. Do you really want that? I have seen on non-uniform days, people judging others for what they are wearing. I’m not saying cut non-uniform days because this helps students show people who they are. Although, imagine you being judged every single school day. And a uniform policy would help reduce these offences. In Long Beach, California, after two years of a uniform policy, reports of assault in the district's schools decreased by 34%, assault with a deadly weapon dropped by 50%, fighting incidents went down by 51%, sex offenses were cut by 74%, robbery dropped by 65%, possession of weapons or "look-alikes") decreased by 52%, possession of drugs went down by 69%, and vandalism was lowered by 18%.

Bullies target the easy victims, bully rates significantly drop once a uniform policy is produces and there are suicides from being bullied from a uniform policy.

• Tteterdted etfe tf wftfft wyft wy

School isjoihdoehddh edhuy yd e d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d dd d d d dd d d d d d d d d dd d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d dd d d d d d

• Yes to Uniforms

I believe that schools should wear uniforms because it prevents bullying and also has students looking sophisticated. There are cases when people are being bullied everyday about what the wear. People say that they should be able to wear what they feel like because that is a way that they express them selves, which is understandable but when you see that person who walks down the hall way in a wizard hat, dont laugh, he is expressing his love for music. But i know and all of us know that teenagers and middle schoolers will laugh therefore everyone should have to wear uniforms, you hsould want someone to get to know you through your personality not judge you by what clothes you wear.

• Yes. I totally agree with having uniform.

Without uniform, students will be worrying about their outfit for the next day. This wastes loads of time. They can use the time to do revision rather than wasting time on choosing outfit.
    Secondly, going to school is not to show-off your body and be a model. Going to school is to study and be socialize with others.
    Thirdly, having uniform makes a school seems more disciplined. Visitors will see the school as very united as students are in the same outfit. Students will also be more disciplined as they will not be any clothing problem. This decreases the disciplined problem on clothing in school.

• Say yes to school uniform

As, there are two types of students one who can buy new and stylish dresses and one who could afford them. If schools do not have school uniform some students will wear same dress and some new and branded.Therefore, school uniform makes all equal.
    School uniform make every student same and they will develop the value of being disciplined.

• There are reasons for both, but reasons for yes are more powerful than for no.

Many people complain about uniform. I personally do not have any objection to wearing a shirt and tie. On non-uniform day, I have seen people laughing at other people due to what they are wearing. Gladly, I have never seen it turn into a state of bullying where it carries on for days, but if it were happening to a sensitive person, they could get upset. Also, uniforms stop people from judging people from what they are wearing. Some students would probably decide on whether they can be friends with someone by the way that person is dressed. If everybody is wearing the same, then that possibility is eradicated.

Personally, I would like to be able to wear non-uniform every day, but because of the reason that it could cause bullying, I would choose not to stop uniform.

• More Pros than Cons

I will address the cons to this argument as gathered from: With the lack of words available I will only be able to debunk the cons but the pros are fairly self-explanatory. I will now address the cons.

"Violate a student's right to freedom of expression"

There are many ways for a student to express themselves and I do not see how it violates freedom. In fact, I think it would benefit their expression. If all the students are wearing uniforms and, essentially, look alike there will be no immediate bias on appearance. How you look means a lot in school, especially high school. That could work as a pro for public speaking and camaraderie (a sense of trust among your equal classmates). As I said, I do not know how that harms freedom because I think uniforms would just increase the feeling of freedom of expression. Freedom to pick out clothes I see as a very minor drawback to the many more benefits to uniforms.

"Are simply a Band-Aid on the issue of school violence"

This is a weak statement. The proven fact is that uniforms have had a measurable impact at schools that switched to uniforms. The numbers are quite significant. A school system at Long Beach in California experience the following statistics: fights dropped 51%, sex offenses dropped 74%, weapons offenses dropped 50%, assault and battery offenses dropped 34%, and vandalism dropped 18%. Only about 1% of student chose not to wear the uniform. The U.S. Department of Education has openly stated their approval of uniforms acknowledging the benefits over the drawbacks.

"Make students a target for bullies from other schools"

Don't associate with them. Know that they're bullying you because they have an inferiority complex. That also wouldn't be a problem if they wore uniforms too which is why I support the idea the United States mandating uniforms in all public schools.

"Are a financial burden for poor families"

Not if it's paid with tax dollars. It could easily be paid for with small state or municipal tax increase of probably a fraction of a percent that people probably would barely notice on their paychecks or purchases. You could also have a copay-like system as well where the school covers part of the cost making it more easily affordable to a poorer family. There are many easy ways to solve that problem.

"Are an unfair additional expense for parents who pay taxes for a free public education"

Get over it! It is for education. Does your children's education mean that little?

"Are difficult to enforce in public schools"

Have a designated security guard at the door of the school (could even be a teacher) to check and make sure all the uniforms are worn according to the school dress code. That job wouldn't be hard. I do not see the complications here.

Education can always be improved upon and there are many ways to give us an edge. Uniforms is just one way.

• Fabric material allergies

Some students could be allergic to the fabric. Also, if they are allergic then they have to buy they're own uniforms, and it would take to long to order their own (more expensive) uniforms. One more thing, the uniforms can be to expensive for some families. Those families would not be able to afford the uniforms and would or could cause the child/student to have an allergic reaction if they we're allergic to the fabric of the uniform.

• Not today sir!

When you go and buy uniforms, your not thinking about what your doing. It's a mistake. Did you know, that your just wasting your money by buying uniforms. Sooner or later going to be growing out of the uniform and before you know it, you've wasted over 100$. Keep that in mind.

• You're joking right?

Don't perpetuate the myth that it'll "stop bullying", if you seriously believe that by everyone wearing the same uniform somehow bullies will lose all will to make fun of how you dress/what you look like, you're crazy. Freedom to choose what you dress while going to school is a way of expressing ones self as an individual, and a way of identifying with certain groups of people who dress similar to you and act similar you to.

• School Uniforms Have Too Few Benefits

Regardless of the supposed difference in bullying rates in schools, the cons outweigh the pros. The main cons are that a.) students will most likely dislike school more because of the uniforms, making the environment worse. B.) There are other kinds of bullying that can't be solved by uniforms (ex. Racial, gender/sex, etc.) and c.) Using school uniforms as a solution to bullying will teach kids that if someone is different you can solve it by making them the same instead of respecting their uniqueness. Is this the idea we want to enforce? These are just a few of the disadvantages that overpower the benefits of uniforms at school.

• School uniforms are so expensive

For me it was cost about $747 dollars for three uniforms and for my school it would be $324,945! That is INSANE!!!!!!!!!!! Its not fair also beacuse everyone has a different body shape and we all have to wear skinny clothing. It is wrong to make children wear clothes the really dont want to wear

• No no no

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

• No to Suppressing Students

By keep a uniform policy, you will be letting schools try and conform a student into something that simply is not them. This takes away a huge parental right, and it is just another way for the government and school board to try and control the next upcoming generations and how they are going to "herd" them.

• Students who wear school uniforms lose self expression.

Clothing choices are a crucial form of self expression. Allowing Students to choose their clothing is an empowering message from the schools that a students is a maturing person. Who is entitled. Clothing is also a popular means of expressing support for various social causes and compulsory uniforms largely remove that option. Also for breast Cancer Awarness students are not allowed to wear pink because its a uniform school.

• 14 year old stabbed to death for wearing wrong school tie

, No because I searched on the web for, Can school uniforms lead to sucide? And it said a 14 year old kid was stabbed to death for wearing the wrong school tie.Thats just horrible, and it also said a kid committed sucide because of the uniforms he had to wear

• Students should have the choice in what they wear

While school uniforms make it easier to recognize which school students are from, I believe that students have the right to wear what they want. If all pupils wore a uniform, where would the individuality be? I think it would be better to not force children to wear the same clothes. This is coming from experience; I wasn't fond of uniforms when I was a student.