• It should be abolished!

Not only is school uniforms SUPER HOT to wear,especially in my country where it is summer everyday,you cant express yourself and your personality, the whole school is like robots doing work,since everyone looks the same,and especially during PE, where you have to change into the school PE shirts,and change BACK to uniform immediately after that,you will feel super sticky and sweat like hell,they say school uniforms is to not make one student looks richer and feel superior to the other,BS,you can just issue a dress code,if you are smart enough to run a country,i dont see how your not smart enough to make a dress code,school uniforms is the WORST INVENTION EVER MADE!

• Parents save money

Parents will not have to spend more money on more clothes for their child to dress up to school . All they need to buy are a few sets of uniforms. Then they can spend the money saved from buying clothes . There may be poor students who cannot afford proper clothes

• School uniforms should be abolished

Yes,School uniforms should be abolishedThings such as their hair, height weight, way of walking, ect. And if they get teased about their uniform, it is a perfect opprotunity for the parent to teach the child about diversity. I, for one, go to a good school with a uniform,and that makes me feel awkward when I'm in public. I feel like I can't be myself, because people know I go to a respected grammar school, and they would expect a well mannered, perfect young lady. I am not a perfect little girl, but I'm not bad either. I like to have fun and laugh with my sister and friends who get the same bus, but I feel I can't because everyone is looking at me like I should be a perfect role model. People would also work better in their own clothes in school. I know on non-unidorm days, people in my class get more work done because they feel more comfortable. People can also argue that children will ask their parents for designer labels because everyone else has them,but this argument is practically void. Children will ask for designer labels from their parents if all their friends wear them outside school, and you can get counterfeit designer labels anywhere, costing the same as normal clothes. It also helps minimise sectarianism. If you go to a school in, say, a unionist area. If someone from a loyalist area sees your uniform, you could easily become a target for abuse. Clothes could also earn you friends, 'I like your T-shirt' being a great conversation starter. All in all, I think uniforms should be abolished, and these are my reasons.

• School uniforms should be abolished

• Should Be Abolished

When we wear our school uniforms,we are not able to express ourselves properly.In order to build up our creativity,we should be able to dress up as we want in order to improve our creativity.When we wear our plain old boring uniforms,we aren't able to think out of the box clearly.Teachers always asks us to think creatively right?But how can we do so when we are not even able to express ourselves clearly?

• Nah uniforms? Nevermind folks!

We can not express and be ourselves. Thus, because we can't be ourselves, why wear the same look. It is surprising that schools that require uniforms just want to "show off". Well, after all what we wear reflects us, ourselves. So why require uniforms? Remember, what we wear reflects us.

• It is annoying

Do you like your school uniform? Wearing it every day?
    School uniform should be abolished because it’s uncomfortable for people to wear and people wreck the uniforms that they get given and makes mums/dads to put money in for the new school clothes. People wreck school uniforms and make holes in them and rip pockets off the t-shirts if they have them. Do you want to see a new t-shirt with a pocket in the morning and no pocket after that day?
    At every school there are a least 1 or more people that don’t get seen by people and if it was a casual dress they will get seen by at least more then I person. If people are wearing their own clothes that they have at home and wear it to school it gets an picture of what their personally and their individuality. On weekends and holidays we all wear different clothes. We would all like to be seen in our own clothes that we like and if we are in all the same clothes it’s just gets boring and annoying.
    If there is more than one uniform child will sometimes use their preferred uniform because it may be comfortable for them to wear. People would have the chance to show off their new clothes that they got.

• School uniform should be abolished

School uniform should be abolished because it denies pupils to express their personality and individuality. Moreover teachers do not have to wear any form of uniform. In addition other countries are not obliged to wear uniform. It can cost a lot of money to buy uniform, especially if you have younger kids that destroy the indestructible.

• School uniforms should definitely be abolished.

I don't get it why. All pupils, it is a compulsory to wear the proper school uniform, proper shoes and proper socks. What about the teachers? They get to wear what they want and I feel this is not fair to pupils. The teachers get to put down their hair and style their hair in any way we want, but pupils strictly can't. For boys, we can't spike up the hair and are not allowed to have ear-piercing. For girls, strictly one ponytails and only a limited colour of earrings. Why is this so?

• Yes, they should be abolished

One more argument I feel the need to raise in here is the one about kids getting bullied for their fashion sense. At my school, on mufti days, everyone wears what they want and we rarely hear anything about people being bullied because of what they are wearing. Also, I really agree with factors such as uniforms being ugly, uncomfortable, often unflattering (mine makes me look fat, and my biggish friend looks like a whale-no offense to her, she said it herself) and the fact that some people get put off schools because the skirts are to long or the blazers too heavy.

• School uniforms should not be abolished

Yes I might have to agree students do not like to wear uniforms . Why? Because mainly they felt that it is ugly and the colour is not what they wanted . But behind this 'uniform' thing there is obviously a reason why they have to wear uniform .Abolishing school uniforms will lead to students wearing home clothes to school. When they see their classmates wearing classy clothing they will felt being " pressurize" peer pressure. Instead of studying at home after school they will start going shopping for classy clothes and hence spending too much money. This isn't a good thing to cultivate in a child. In life there's always things that we have to learn to accept it. The pros of wearing school uniform can show a sense of unity in the school mates how they are united which means bullying because poorer kids cant afford classy clothes will decrease. Uniform not only can decrease bullying as well as show a sense of unity in the school hence I think that by abolishing school uniforms wont do any good it shows a sense of equality.

Thanks for reading it

• No uniforms should not be aolished

Uniforms should not be abolished.

Even if we are to disagree and even if students don't like uniforms, it is agreeable that if schools encouraged uniforms to be worn, bullying would decrease as all students look about the same. Students won't feel insecure on how they dress and also it give a sense of unity and equality. Students also won't think too much on what to wear the next day and they will focus more on what's important, studies

• Uniforms should not be abolished.

Even if we are to disagree and even if students don't like uniforms, it is agreeable that if schools encouraged uniforms to be worn, bullying would decrease as all students look about the same. Students won't feel insecure on how they dress and also it give a sense of unity and equality. Students also won't think too much on what to wear the next day and they will focus more on what's important, studies.

• School uniforms are great, and shouldn't be abolished.

I went to grade and middle schools that had uniforms, and it was so easy getting dressed in the morning. It never felt limiting. When I went to a high school that didn't have uniforms, but instead had a restrictive dress code, it was much harder to find and buy clothes that were appropriate for school. The dress code rules changed from year to year and it was difficult to figure out what they wanted. You could buy a bunch of clothes in August and find out during orientation that they no longer met the requirement. It was a pain for me and expensive for my parents. We both missed my old uniforms.

• It would be easier to identify students from strangers.

Lets say that a killer was on the loose in your school district and you're currently at school. Don't you want to tell the difference between students and the killer or be blind to who the person is?Hey, I understand you don't like uniforms, but I myself would like to know if the killer is in my school easier than walking around looking like an idiot.

• In Australia schools have uniforms and there are many positive benefits.

Especially in high schools, staff can quickly see who should be in the grounds and who should not, which improves security. Uniforms create a sense of belonging and pride in the school as well as help it to develop its own distinct culture and identity.

Uniforms eliminate competition between students as to who has the best clothes and allows students to be judged on what they do and not what they wear.

Schools can also design uniforms to be sun safe, maturationallay approximate and weather appropriate to ensure this is not a problem at schools.

• Uniforms can be beneficial.

I would have preferred uniforms when I was in school. I know that we all want to be creative in the way we dress, but maybe just maybe uniforms could be beneficial. Parents wouldn't have to spend a lot of money every school year to buy a bunch of clothing. Maybe bullying would decrease because everyone looks about the same. No worrying about what to wear that day so less time getting ready for school. I think it have many benefits.

• Uniforms shouldn't be abolished.

Uniforms shouldn't be abolished because you'll have more time in the morning. You'll look proper on your way to school and on your way home (If you're wearing in properly). Some uniforms are nice looking, and if yours has weird colors I feel bad for you. And yes most uniforms are expensive but that's all you need for the year(s) you're in school, and you don't have to worry wearing something different everyday if you were wearing everyday clothes.

• No, I don't think they should be abolished.

I don't think they should be abolished because students have more time in the morning and they don't need planning for what they're going to wear for the day. Some uniforms are nice looking, the whole school will look more proper. Yes, some students don't like the uniform but it is what it is. I personally think that uniforms are good for schools.

Anonymous says2013-07-10T16:15:50.030
Yes