Science groups wrote to Congress that climate change is a real threat. Do Republicans really believe that climate change is a hoax?

• Yes, Republicans really believe that climate change is a hoax.

Yes, Republicans really believe that climate change is a hoax because it is my opinion that they are blinded by the economic potential of environmental destruction. By ignoring and dismissing legitimate scientific findings, Republicans are able to push legislation and deals that continue to harm the Earth's atmosphere and contribute to climate change while promoting an agenda of economic growth and prosperity - usually with largest gains for big business.

• Yes, many Republicans do believe that climate change is a hoax.

Many Republicans are skeptics when it comes to climate change. They believe that supporters of climate change are simply trying to gain more governmental power over industry and individuals. Furthermore, some do not believe that there is conclusive evidence that human activity is causing the Earth to get warmer. In short, yes, there are many Republicans that believe climate change is a hoax.

• I don't believe Republicans think it is all a hoax.

Most Republicans will agree that climate change is real. I think they are more logical about it. Since the dawn of time our planet has shifted. It has had odd weather changes, storms, and events. They know this, therefore they understand that climate change will happen. It is only logical to think that at some point the weather will change. I think they believe it is only a threat because we honestly can't say for sure what will happen, and the unknown is always a threat to some.

• Unlikely to be their true belief

Although many key Republicans will attest to the fact that they disagree with climate change predictions and the opinions of leading scientists I believe that it is far more likely that these politicians, who are bound to have a certain level of education, are doing so in order to appeal to the views of some of their constituents.