• Yes, it seems so.

As a Christian I do not believe that Scientology, as a belief system, is compatible with traditional Christian teachings. But then, in my view, neither are the unique teachings of the Mormons (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints), Buddhism or many other religions despite the fact that many people, including some eminent scholars, will regard my views as narrow and dogmatic. Scientology, are religious and that they deserve equitable treatment under the law.

• I'm afraid it isn't.

I feel sad to say this because I respect all religions but I don't think Scientology is one. It's a mysterious Church that has been accused of wrongdoings and that is why I don't think it's a religion. I'm disregarding the fact that it's based on a fictional book because that would open up a can of worms about whether other religious books are fictitious or not.

• No, scientology is not a religion.

Scientology is not a religion, it is more like a cult. A true religion does not try to inflict harm on others, especially not its own members. The Church of Scientology has falsely framed journalist and those that have challenged its teachings. Furthermore, the Church of Scientology is more like a bandwagon organization that many are joining just because its on the in.

• I don't think Scientology is a religion

Anything can become a religion I suppose based on its definition, but I don't feel Scientology is a religion as much as it is a cult following. It has certain doctrines and "laws" that its members must live by but I don't think it can accurately be categorized as a religion.