Selena Gomez's "passion project" to be released on Netflix: Is suicide addressed enough in popular culture?

• Yes, suicide is addressed sufficiently in popular culture.

As much as suicide and mental health issues are difficult to discuss, I feel that they are often addressed in popular culture. I think that it is a broad issue and that it's certainly a topic that has many angles that can be investigated through various medias in popular culture.

• People are aware of it.

Today, suicide is addressed a lot. There are places on the internet and all other places that are not too hard to find if you look on the internet. It's also important not to glorify suicide, either. It shouldn't be in the news that someone live streams their suicide because that is tragic.

• No, it is not.

Suicide and depression are issues that need to be addressed more. Suicide and depression are highly stigmatized in our society to the point that many suicides that could be prevented are not because people do not get the help they need.Mental health services are largely underfunded and many people are afraid to seek help.

• I don't think so

It's been addressed more than in the past, but I don't think it's enough. I'm not sure of the more recent suicide stats, but if you look at the groups more prone to commit suicide they are veterans, bullied teens, victims of assault and abuse, and I'm not sure those groups are getting smaller. So I think there should be more outreach and more coverage.