Senators blast Comcast, other cable firms for “unfair billing practices”: Should "miscellaneous fees" from cable companies be banned by the government?

• Fees need to be straighforward

All fees on any bill should be straight forward. Miscellaneous fees is not appropriate because it can be anything the biller wants. The consumer should know what they are paying for and miscellaneous is not a good enough explanation for it. It should be laid out and explained what it is for.

• Name Those Fees!

We all understand that there are fees associated with providing a service as crucial as cable TV and Internet. Its fast, its awesome, it brings the world to our fingertips. But there is absolutely no reason you can't tell us what those fees are. We just want to know what we are paying for. That's it.

• Miscellanaous Fees are Misleading

I strongly agree with senators that believe "miscellaneous fees" should be banned from use by cable companies. How can it be legal to just lump fees together and expect people to pay them without question? Current cable company bills are already itemized. Why would they not want the consumer to know how much they are paying for specific services. It is extremely unfair for any business to throw fees into one lump category and then assign a value to it. The American public should stand together and not allow these practices to continue.

• Cable companies should not be charging so many fees

When I recently viewed my Comcast bill, I was not able to understand some of the 'other' charges on my bill. Comcast should at least provide a small article on the back of their bills explaining what these charges are from. More ideally, Comcast should just get rid of these charges and include them in the service package price instead.

• These Fees are ok!

These Fees are to keep Comcast running. Its not that bad. These fees are what keep the Comcast location up and running, that is why it is a good thing. Many people do not like them, but think about it, to run their software, they charge you, but for them to open stores, they need these fees.

renea2 says2016-02-04T17:56:12.337
I dont think its right
renea2 says2016-02-04T17:56:19.233
I dont think its right