• Why the hell not?

We claim to live in a free country. When really, it's just free for people who fit the socially-prescribed moral standard. Turning tricks, doing drugs, marrying who you love, making decisions about your own body, THAT'S freedom. And when you ban prostitution because some fictional book says it's bad (apparently), you are going against everything this nation stands for. Besides, if prostitution was legal, the naysayers might actually get laid, finally.

• Reasons Why Not?

I haven't heard a decent reason why not yet.

It's immoral? Who gets to decide that? What if someone thinks it is moral? Oh, sorry, your god says it's immoral. Of course I'll give you special rights and let your "god" decide what women (and men) can or cannot do with their own bodies. Really? Yeah. Really really? No.

• That you dislike something is no reason to prohibit it.

My supporting headline is largest part of my argument; however, I would also add that it is considerably safer for prostitutes to work as part of a regulated industry than in a criminal gang - a law may not claim to be moral when it in fact serves only to appease prejudice and endanger people.

• Prostitution should be legal

I support prostitution as being legal. Why? Because these women chose this kind of lifestyle, and they are free to be who they want. Those that deny them their source of living money really do not understand these women. All they think off the top of their heads is: "These girls are immoral and dirty. They should not be associated with." Well here's something I think. Have these people watched these girls grow up? Have they spent their lifetimes with them in their ups and downs? NO. So they cannot judge until they experience how these wonderful girls came to choose this job choice in the long run. I have read both "NO's" and do not like them one bit. As the first one is basically a rant of the Old Testament God to reign fire and blood on evildoers. These girls are NOT evil. Here's something you all need to think about as well. In the New Testament, Jesus, who was God in human form, went out of his way to heal and talk to LEPERS who the entire world had shunned for their uncleanness. Is that how you want to be viewed in his eyes? To hate a different faction of His children simply because you can't see past your own high moral horse?

• Yes I believe it should be legal.

Even though I don't like it, I believe that women should be able to do whatever they want with their bodies. If they want to pleasure someone in exchange for cash, then how do we have the right to tell them to keep their pants (or really short skirts) on? Banning prostitution, even though I don't personally agree with it, is an invasion of privacy, and I don't think that the government should be able to tell people what they can and cannot with their own bodies in the privacy of their own homes or wherever they do it. (Although I don't believe that they should be able to do it in cars or in view of any other public place as I don't believe ANYBODY should be able to do it in a public place.)

• Yes it should be legal.

Prostitution will always exist within our society and it is up to the government to either ignore these facts or to keep in a superficial facade that a basic human need will cease to exist. With regulations and controlled environments the government would be able to not only tax these services but also regulate the services provided.

• No, it is immoral and against the laws of nature.

Prostitution is wrong. Sex before marriage is wrong. Having affairs is wrong. I think all of these things should be outlawed and severe punishments imposed on them that break the law. God made it that way. As hard far it is for some people to swallow, that is the way it is.

• It should not, it is immoral.

There is a reason why prostitution is outlawed across the United States and across the world. It is an immoral act. It always has been and always will be. To pay for sex crosses the line, and it must remain illegal. Regulations will not be enough, and should not be considered.