• 14 Year Old Should Not Be Able to Drive

I stand totally against 14 year old's being allowed to drive. I've voiced my opinion many times on even the older child being able to drive. There are many who even at age 18 are not responsible to take on the task of driving. One needs to consider the other drivers who might be affected by immature drivers.

• It will depend on the society you grow up with

In most urban cities, no. But in developing countries or at least rural country sides of a major country there are millions of child workers striving to earn a living. Where there are large distance to travel from and to workers should be given access to vehicles and be allowed to utilize it for proper purpose. The saying of all underaged (presumably, 18) drivers are irrational, careless, or not capable of driving safely is just too fallacious. We all mature at a different rate. There are evidence to support that even an 18 year old may not be as mentally mature than a 14 year old. This should be based on individual cases, rather than a legal "blanket driving age" for all. Appeal to uniformity removes attention to needs and care for individual cases.

• I'm 14 Years Old

I'm 14 years old and I can drive really well for my age. It depends on how mature you are and if you practiced a lot. I practiced in a lot of cars, including my mom's van. I can drive really well as I was told by many people. It's not that hard if you have the patience and skill then your set to go.

• I Always Have to Wait Until Someone Can Drive Me Places

I am 14 and now a high schooler with a long list of places I need to go daily. Such as marching band camp, DI practice, and sports practice. Not to mention just needing to go to the stores for things I need quickly. (Feminine products, deodorant, toothpaste, etc.) But most of the time I end up late or even unable to attend my practices because I have to wait and compromise with my family's schedule to find (a usually inconvenient and late) time for them, to drive me to these places. And when I need to get something from the store quickly, I always have to wait for hours and make do until I can go. It would be VERY helpful and convenient for me if I could drive myself places.

• As long as they know how to drive properly without driving too fast.

14 year olds can be mature enough to drive as long as they don't crash with other cars. With proper training I think it would be a good idea. It would prepare them for future driving. Maybe there could be some sort of mini test to be taken by them to see if they are competent and confident.

• I'm 12 and 14 year Olds should be able to drive

Why shouldn't they I mean my dad says he started at 13 and now drives awesome he has even starred to teach me how to drive I can drive right now so give me a reason why they shouldn't drive at fourteen this is my statement what is yours .

• Because most 14 year olds already know how to drive. Might as well let them use it to there advantage

Most kids when there growing up are able to drive and by the time there 14 they know how. Maybe not all the traffic laws but they can always learn plus they still have to take the drivers test (written and driven) so they will know by the time they get there actual license. And Alaska allows 14 year old to get a license to. Why couldn't we do the same

• They should be able to learn to drive with a co driver.

Most 14 year olds probably aren't ready to take on the responsibility of driving a car on their own. That should wait until the person turns at least 16. However I do believe it is better to start learning how to drive at a younger age than 16. The younger they start the better they will be as adults.

Personally, I think getting a full driver's license should be a gradual process that starts around the age of 12:

I propose the following pattern:

12-13 at around this age the future driver may be expected to commute unsupervised by bicycle or moped and should be educated in the basic rules of the road and begin learning to apply them in a driving simulator.

14-15 by this age most people will have reached the appropriate height to drive a motor vehicle, a learner's permit should be obtained allowing the youth to practice with a fully licensed driver. If the driver passes the road test to acquire their full license prior to the age of 16, then they are allowed to drive with passengers in the rear seat as well as a co-driver in the front. A driving simulator can be used to help teach defensive driving.

16-17 at this age the driver can drive on their own in the family car. Since they've been learning about driving for the past four years their relative inexperience should be somewhat mitigated. However, for insurance or legal purposes it may be required that the driver be remotely monitored at this age by their parents using a dashcam with a GPS, or some similar technology, the parents can revoke driving privileges at any time if the driver exhibits reckless or dangerous behavior.

18-19 the driver is now eligible to register their own car and get their own insurance policy. If they did not get their driver's license at 16 then there should be a two year graduated license probation period.

20+ and a minimum of two years with a clean driving record the driver should be able to train other drivers and be eligible to drive professionally.

• !4 year old shouldn't be allowed to drive

14 is a dangerous number Would you trust a fourteen year old to pilot the passenger plan you were on? Then why would you trust them on the roads! It has come to my attention that it has been considered to change the law for the legal driving age from 16 to 14. These kids are still freshmen, and they haven’t experienced the things a teen are supposed to. Their minds aren’t as evolved as 16 year olds. Studies show that 16 years olds have a evolved mind, and they understand the rules of the road, do 14 year olds?
    Believe it or not the accident rate for 16 year olds is above average, can you imagine what the accident rate for 14 year olds would be? The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety says “The rate of fatalities among 16-year-old drivers dropped 68% between 1996 and 2010, but is slowly starting to rise again.” Also on DMV Young Drivers they state “The traffic accident rates for 16- to 19-year old drivers are higher than those for any other age group”. Fourteen year olds don’t have very devolved minds, The Dana Foundation Brain Health states “For the young person ready to dash full speed ahead into adolescence, as well as for the adult getting ready to see adolescence from the other side as a parent, the prospect stirs up a mixture of impatience, anxiety, excitement, and just plain curiosity.” We know how 14 year olds can act, and how the majority don’t like school, if they can’t pay attention in class then why would they pay attention on the road?

• Young and Immature

At the age of even 15 children are still maturing this is backed up by the social limiting organisation. They have done tests on all ages of children from the age of 1 through to the age of 15. What they found was amazing! They proved that all ages up to the age of 15 was 6 times more likely to get distracted than if you were fully matured. So the answer is obviously no, they should not drive for outrageous reasons!

• Way to young!

They might be too short too see the road. Which will cause more car accidents. Oh and more deaths we don't want our children dying because they get in a car accident! I bet every single parent loves their children and don't want them to die at a young age!

• Uh are you crazy

Why would you let a 14 year old drive. I'm 12 and I don't think this should happen. Really people? Do you want more people to be killed because of teen drivers? Most teens are irresponsible. And I would know I am one. In todays society they would probably go somewhere their parents wouldn't want them to be. Why would we take a risk of letting teens ruin a life of their own or the life someone else? Its not like 14 year olds have jobs. All they have is school. So tell me what you think about 14 year olds driving when they crash into you!

• They are to immature.

The reason why I don't think they should is quite simple actually. One of the reasons is that they can run away from home if their parents and them get in a fight. Another reason is that they can go and get drunk and if they drive they can crash and cause someone or themselves to get hurt. This generation of teens are to immature, yes you may be mature enough but what about every other 14 year old. Personally I don't want my life to be in the hands of a drunk, immature teen who thinks they know everything, and all of this is coming from a thirteen year old, I know you may think I am being mean but I am not, just ask all the other people who say no, I believe that they will agree.

• Definitely not without someone with them.

14 is way too young to be in a car alone. Perhaps with a parent on their own property is okay, as a way to practice. I was allowed a permit at 15, but by then I had already driven around at home enough to manage okay. Still, even at 15 I was not ready to be alone on the road, a 14 year old is definitely too young.

• Crashing police and laws.

If you crash in a car the insurance would not be covered by it at such a young age. Police would pull you over and ask for a license and you would say I don't have one. The law says nobody should drive at the age of 14 years and if you do get pulled over you will be towed away and get a fine.

• 14 years old driving, NO!

They are not mature enough. After reasearch, they have 3 time more chance to have a car crash than 18 yers old. They don't have ENOUGH responsibilties. They can not get into trouble, and al their trouble does to thir parents. This is why they should not drive at the age of 14.

• Immature and easily distracted

Teens don't yet have responsibility they can easily be distracted by another cool car or birds passing by and that can really cause problems and accidents. Many adults crash imagine a child having such a big responsibility. Teens also cant be trusted with such a big responsibility they are just not mature and don't have experience.

• No 'children under the age of 18 should not drive 2 wheelers

Driving two wheelers under the age of 18 is a lawful offense yet we see children driving 2 wheelers in streets and roads . This makes us think who to be held responsible -the parent ,the police or the minor .
    In my view it is a collective responsibility of all the three in not letting this happen.
    THE PARENTS-because they as responsible citizens are aware of the law but still permit and encourage the children to do the unlawful thing .Some parents feel proud that their children have learnt to driving at such a small age but don't know the negative consequences of giving liberty to drive to unmatured minds.
    THE POLICE-because they lack to implement the laws strictly .Chidren don't even fear driving two wheelers on main roads.
    THE CHILDREN-are responsible because they are aware that driving of two wheeler requires a valid driving lisense . Inspite of not having one they still drive..

Maxissoawesome says2015-02-12T18:43:21.833
This page is very interesting