Should 18-year-olds be allowed to legally purchase guns?

• Because it makes sense

HH h h h hh h h hhh h h h hh h h h hh h h h hh h h hh h hh h h hh h h hh h h hh h h h hh h h h h hh h h h hh h h h h

• Yes they should.

An 18 year old should be allowed to legally purchase a gun as long as they have already finished and graduated from high school. I say this because while in high school students are still in the teenager mind set and have not fully moved on to adulthood. Once they are out though they should be able to.

• Yes AND No...

My problem is that yes, 18 is the national age of adulthood, and firearm ownership should be a part of it. But at the same time, what worries me is the mentality of some people. I believe that people at 18 should be allowed to own firearms once they've gone through some type of firearm safety and handling class, and then be able to purchase firearms via 'Gun License' from said classes. This is just my opinion, however.

• Yes

18 year olds are viewed as legal adults who can join the military and go to war, vote, get married, and buy homes. They should be allowed to purchase guns as well. Those who go to the military will likely be handling guns anyway so there is no reason they shouldn't be allowed to purchase one of their own.

• They can be drafted

If the government can force them into the military they should be allowed all the freedoms such a responsibility pays for. Yes they are kids yes they will make mistakes but their either adults or their not make up your mind stop giving them the responsibilities without the rights and privileges those responsibilities buy.

• No, The Age Should Be 25

The fact is that 18 year olds are not the most responsible people. Their front lobes are still developing, and that is the area of the brain that is responsible for making good decisions. We should move the age to legally purchase guns to 25, much like the laws to rent a car in many states.