Should 18-year-olds who enlist be allowed to purchase alcohol?

• Yes, They Should

Yes, they should. By choosing to enlist, young adults have to deal with the possibility of death if they get sent overseas. They are forced into making adult decisions and maturing earlier than normal eighteen year olds. They also have to deal with great amounts of post-traumatic stress disorder. But

• Yes, 18 year olds who enlist should be allowed to purchase alcohol.

I believe if a person, man or woman is old enough to serve their country, they should be allowed all the rights of an adult. I don't think they should be able to drink if they are on duty the next day,, and I believe they should have a cap on how much they drink. Growing up, the age for me to drink was 19. Shortly after turning that age, they changed it, but I was grandfathered in. I think the age for civilians should be raised to 25. I know that sounds like discrimination, but some of these enlisted people may not come back from war. If they are old enough to die for our country they should be given the right to purchase alcohol.

• So He Can Die For Us, But Not Drink?

Yeah, that makes sense. Nobody with rationality and common sense would say no to this.

Lets look at the facts. The fact is, only the US and maybe a few other counties, maybe, have our drinking age of twenty-one. Everywhere else it is eighteen, if not sixteen. So why do we have so many problems, and they don't? Blame the culture, blame the parents. It's actually pretty sad that Americans are the only ones that can't handle their alcohol till they are twenty-one. Very sad.

If you have this eighteen year old kid who lost his legs in war, and he comes in for a drink, how can you possibly deny him a few drinks? He did a lot more for our country than you did.

• No, what good has consuming alcohol has brought to this world ever?

Alcohol should have been banned anyways even to much adult people,leave out the question of 18 years. Although, at this age, people are more hyper and aggressive to which alcohol may prove to be more lethal than any other thing. No one can guarantee safety after taking alcohol, not only to them, but it is dangerous to even others around them.

We cannot deny that most of crime cases that we often hear are done in a drunken state.
    SO at this age letting people drink and and mostly chances are that they might land themselves in one or the other problems.

Anyways at this age , people should be motivated to have much more healthy stuff rather than alcohol.