Should 4chan be allowed to exist despite its underground nature?

• No, it hurts people.

Niggersniggersniggersniggersniggersniggersniggers niggers niggers niggersv niggers v v niggers niggers niggers niggers v niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers

• Becauese niggers are niggers

Niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggersniggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggersniggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggersniggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggersniggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggersniggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggersniggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggersniggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggersniggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggersniggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggersniggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggersniggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggersniggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggersniggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggersniggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggersniggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggers niggersniggers

• Without the autism of 4chin what will we do with all these niggers?

• 4chan should be allowed to exist

I believe that there is no reason to apply the underground nature of the website in some sort of way to try and state that it needs to be shut down. The only reason that 4chan needs to be shut down is if it is doing something that is patently illegal.

• What's wrong with the underground?

4chan receives a lot of media flack for being a community of unscrupulous hackers, but that's actually a small minority of posters who met on the image board, which mostly exists for funny pictures and jokes. Regardless, ALL communities on the Internet should be allowed to exist, despite what mainstream society thinks. Fringe societies are what make this country great.

• No because it gives power to cybercriminals and stupid people

4chan gives people the power to be jerks to others. Most people on 4chan think that what they say or do anonymously doesn't matter and that they can get away with anything. I get that sometimes new content gets created, but they shouldn't get away with hacking and bullying people on other websites and getting together to attack others like internet thugs. I get that people should have rights to free speech and to gather together, but it shouldn't infringe on other people's rights. 4 chan users hacking other websites and using fake phone numbers to make harassing phone calls is comparable to someone walking in a building to spray graffiti on the inside of the walls and then calling the people's homes to make harassing phone calls. Most 4 chan people are cybergangs and it's about time we crack down on cybergangs. They compromise the safety of actual people in much the same way as an outside gang attacks people, differing only in their tactics.

• It promotes a bunch of crap though I'm not sure whether taking it down will do any good.

I have a friend who's basically a younger brother to me. This kid's got the genes and IQ of geniuses. He could be in college at 13 if he cared enough. The point is, this white little rich kid living a nice little suburban life with a higher-than-average intellectual ability gets bored. So, somehow he got from wasting his time on Minecraft to browsing and being a full-on member of 4chan and 8chan. He excitedly tells me about and shows me the discussions, proudly shows off the boards and threads, while all I see is a bunch of delusional, one-track-minded idiots wasting their time. The stuff he says and shows me is beyond disgusting, beyond inhuman, and the ideas presented lack intellectuality to an impossible point. It's not just the stupidity of the content, it's the fact that the members start trends about extreme stuff like misogyny, nazism, the ISIS , pedophilia, rape, etc. and other members start following them without considering the various natures considering the topic, its historical background, or its legitimacy.
    I don't know whether taking it down will be an actual solution. Although I'm hoping my friend grows out of this/gets bored and starts something new, I'm seriously concerned as to whether he'll act on these things in the near future. That's where I draw the line; after, he and his little army of swine who live in their mom's basement act up.

• 4chan should be allowed to exist.

Although a lot of the content on 4chan is offensive, it is protect by the first amendment. If people do not like the content on the website, they do not have to view it. Everyone has the right to publish materials on the Internet which they find appealing, no matter what others think.

• No, it hurts people.

No, 4chan should not be allowed to exist despite its underground nature, because people should not be given a pass to commit crimes and hurt people, just because they do it on the internet. A lot of people are hurt by the activities that go on on 4chan. They should not look the other way while people commit crime.

• Taking down 4chan will just inspire users to create 5chan

There will always be unregulated areas of the Internet where users go to post offensive and nasty content but 4chan puts this right up on the front page and tries to paint it with a coat of respectability. 4chan users prove to the world that abuse and misuse of issues and images are looked at as acceptable when placed anonymous on an online image or message board. There really is no allowing it to exist, if not here then the next place that grows up and takes traffic away from 4chan.