Should 4chan be shut down by the federal government?

• The place is known for criminals.

4chan is known for hackers giving out personal information, raiding innocent people, and ruining their lives. The site is also known for posting threats, CP, and bad people living in the bad part of town. Everybody should never go on the site since people can attack you, kill you, and even prank calls.

• Paedophilia ground of /b/

You can't browse there any more without being led to illegal content or shown illegal content. Its not an image board any more. Its a ease of access of abuse on /b/. Though an advocate of not censoring things, when laws are breached its another story. Its a shame such a homely place can be so vile.

• Shut it down

This website has nothing of value to provide to the world and with the latest threat against Emma Watson for speaking about feminism and equality at the UN was just pathetic of them. All this site does is try to threaten and harass people and try to do so anonymously.

• The gloat about how they caused suicides.

During their 'Tumblr Raid', they have not only been posting gore and rape images into all popular tags, but they also gloat about how posting disturbing images, hacking accounts, sending hate and telling people to kill themselves, but also planning to take photo's of innocent people from the website and Photoshop their faces onto pornographic images. Their raid has led to confirmed suicides and they gloat about it. While I wish there was a way to only target those attacking people, 4chan is a site where you do not make an account or sign up, therefore, there is no way to find those individuals.

• Yes, it is a channel for illegal activity.

Yes, 4chan should be shut down by the federal government, because it aids and abets criminal activity. It is inappropriate that those who run the 4chan website know how much illegal activity happens through their website, and they still allow it to happen. The government should shut the website down because it aids and abets crime.

• Yes, it's a gathering place for sociopaths.

Originally 4chan was an image sharing website and that was completely fine. But when things escalated and the world's most disgusting, sociopathic and psychopathic minds congregated there, it became a central hub of crime on the internet. It (and all other websites like it) need to be removed permanently so that these sadistic inhuman monsters no longer have an outlet which harms other people.

• Attempts to harm and bully other websites.

Users from 4Chan threatened to attack a certain website and began hacking accounts of innocent bloggers and posting up horrific images of nudity and gore, then proceeded to anonymously attack various bloggers sending them messages as in "go kill yourself" along with various other horrible insults. The people on this website need to be tracked and shut off from the internet along with shown the punishment for an attempt at assistance with suicide and cyber bullying.

• It has caused suicides, encouraged pedophilia and many other illegal activities.

It contains child pornography, bestiality and incest. It has caused suicides which the site then gloated about it. It has been a ground for people who spend a lot of time cyber bullying and hacking people's accounts for years. They don't check the content of what's being uploaded if they did then why is there child pornography on it?.

Posted by: CY91
  • 4chan is disgusting.

4chan Needs to be closed, it is full horrible disgusting things, that people shouldn't be looking at, especially kids. People post pictures of deaths, and there is bullying. Pornographic material that is absolutely disgusting. People committing suicide and being laughed at. 4chan needs to be gone, i don't want my kids to be able to see that stuff.

• What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch?

I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

• 4chan is hacks

I really hate subhuman normies and i like to go 4chan, argue about hitler, and fap to weaboo pictures. Since this argument needs more words, nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger

• Bruh, kys fr

If you believe a entire website should be shutdown because of a few instances then srsly end your life. You fucking keyboard warrior nigger shitting faggot liquid drinking low life ass munching cunt devouring shit spewing butthole sucking dick chewing you fuckblowing , going down on your mother so hard she gained an extra chromozone, kind of faggot. Also you're stupid.

• The Bee Movie

According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground. The bee, of course, flies anyway. Because bees don't care what humans think is impossible. Yellow, black, yellow, black, yellow, black, yellow, black.

• Is there even any good reasons?

The WHOLE WEBSITE is not accountable for what happens in ONE OF THE NUMEROUS threads. SHOULD TUMBLR BE SHUT DOWN BECAUSE A COUPLE OF ASSHATS OFFEND ME? A COUPLE OF CRAZY PEOPLE (MANY ON TUMBLR) ARE MEETING UP? NO. Get all offended all you like but you shouldn't take the website down. Even the main reason why the federal government in the US isn't taking down the chan is because they work together in busting pedophiles who distribute, advertise or request for child pornography. Gore images, raids, rape vids/pics, child pornography etc etc. All on the internet. Just because a couple of users from 4chan distribute it doesn't mean the whole website should be axed. Bust those who do distribute CP but don't ban the website who's admins and moderators are doing their best to prevent the appearance of illegal material on a legal website. 4chan's /b/ board may be a total cesspool but that shouldn't be the reason as to why the whole website should be shut down. Don't be stupid.
    I'm not here to support 4chan, I'm giving my take on people who think it should be taken down with dumbing arguments without good reason. If federal government was to shut 4chan down, they would've done it years ago.

• Don't shut down 4chan.

Sure a lot of people on 4chan are homophobic, transphobic, racist, furry haters, and feminist haters but you can't just shut down an entire website for talking. Seriously don't shut them down

If anything the federal government should shut down tumblr for being such fucking faggots. Seriously fuck everybody on tumblr.

• This is dumb.

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances. Go back to reddit you cucks.

• The first Amendment

The first Amendment gives people the right to say what they want. Basically shutting down 4 chan would be going against the first amendment by banning the free speech of autists, faggots, and retards. Without the glorious boards of /b/ and /r9k/, where else would they express their opinions? Get out of here new fag

• The first Amendment

• The first Amendment