Should a border wall be built on the US/Mexican border?

Asked by: Coolgi_Funguy
  • It should be built.

I cannot stand illegal immigrants. They cause nothing but trouble for our system and our country. A woman getting ready to get married was traveling down the road, she was struck and killed by an illegal immigrant. Illegals are not welcome to our country and American values, those that are legal are open to make their lives better, and to be Americans, under the stars ans stripes. I say no to disgusting illegal immigrants! Keep them out of our country! We need a border wall! That crap fence is nothing but a sheer joke to them, we do not even have a fence! It does not stretch all the way across.

• Time to control illegal immigration like every other country on the planet

Enforcing immigration laws is not racism. Allowing people to cross into the US illegally is shitting on the people who take the time and immigrate correctly. The wall is in terrible shape, with there being nearly no wall in some locations (3 ft high). Making it more difficult for illegal border crossings is definitely a positive thing.

• No, because Mexicans are coming over here because their children are dying and maybe mexico has things we don't.

Really i am serious what if mexico is really trying to help us, these people could be born with rare blood or something, maybe they could cure cancer. Mexico probably has cures to diseases that we don't even know about.We could even help them and help everyone out of poverty.

• Border security is key

We need a border wall in order to make sure that the US stays safe for all of its LEGAL citizens. We don;t want the US to drown in a flood of drugs, criminals, and violence. Illegal immigrants are all criminals, so nobody can say they are not criminals. Trump is better than Clinton.

• Walls do work.

Back in 1994 then president Bill Clinton began Operation Gatekeeper. It called for an increase in border patrols, sensors and a wall along the southern border of California. The result of these measures caused illegal immigrant routes to move east to areas with easier barriers to negotiate. Clearly, border wall work to deter illegal immigrants as well as the illegal drugs.

Personally, I think it really funny how putting up a wall in one of the most liberal states is okay when a democratic president wants one but demonized as racist when a republican president want to continue a wall for less liberal states. I guess what they say is true, if the democrats didn't have double standard, they would have no standard at all.

• Yes yes yes

Less tax for one and two if you think Donald trump is raciest than come on , he just wants to do what he thinks he is right i don't even like donald trump but, he has good reasons and if you say other wise you must just hate donald trump but he is way better than hiliary

• Just think about it

Okay, we all know where this is coming from and why. So I will skip over that and jump into why I think we should build a border wall.
    The main point of a border wall is obviously protection, with immigration being a hot button issue in today's politics, we need to work on some sort of solution. I am of the belief that illegal immigration does need to be stopped and I do believe a border wall potentially could help solve this issue.
    So I want to build a wall, now what?
    From both sides there are several points of concern. 1.) Who will pay for it? 2.) Who would build it? 3.) What benefit is it going to provide for citizens in general but also for those who live in the border states?
    As for the first point, I do believe that the material costs would fall into the infrastructure category. As such the government should foot the bill for it. However I guarantee with the amount of material that is required. Many Construction corporations would gladly discount materials in exchange for tax credits. As for the second problem, we have been struggling with over crowded prisons in some states, and there has been arguments that prison sentences are too costly to the states anyway. Why don't we have prisoners build and construct the wall? Free labor plus they will be providing a major service for the country. As for benefits, let me quickly mention the Statue of Liberty. It used to be the gate to our country. The only way for people to come in. As a result vendors and companies during the turn of the century set up their businesses close to the port. They did so with a hope of finding hard workers to employee and customers to sell their wares to. This boosted the American economy and helped business and people prosper financially. With that in mind, im sure we could create gates in the walls. Settlers, immigrants, and businesses would flock to these points in hopes of a better future. This sounds like a dream, but we have seen instances where borders have grown and prospered because of these things. Seattle, San Francisco, Orlando, Portland, New York City, etc. All these cities were ports of entry for immigrants, and these immigrants settled there and built up these cities to what they are now. We can see a definite possibility of this happening along a border wall, and we would be helping the economy tremendously by doing so. These are my thoughts on the subject, politics aside, I do see a way this could be a tremendous success.

• Just think about it

So I want to build a wall, now what?

• Protect the united states

I think it would be good to stop the drug and illegal immigration problem for the United States. Mexico brings lots of crimes and undocumented workers, increasing the taxes for people who are here legally. Not only build the wall but stop all illegal immigration. LEGALS ARE WELCOME ILLEGALS BE GONE

• More Reinforcement Needed

Although there was already an existing wall between the U.S. and Mexico, the border needed to be enforced further than what was already in place. A nation has the right to protect it's borders, and I want more opportunity for American workers, not people coming in illegally from Mexico or anywhere else.

• There is no reason

There is no reason why there should be a wall. This will put the USA in further debt. This will waste money, resources and time. Not only that but Mexicans are smart, they can take planes and they can also take boats. Not only that but Donald Trump is racist to all hell. Most Mexicans are not drug lords or criminals. They just want to find a better life in the USA. If they have children they want the children to have a better life because chances are that the children are living in poor conditions. This is just stupid, there is no good reason why they should be building a wall. What they could do is just increase the security, and get more drones. NO WALL IS NEEDED. VIVA MEXICO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Donald trump is stupid

Trump is no better than a dirty garbage can. The United States is going to be flooded with drugs,criminals and violence even if we build the wall. The people coming to the United States from mexico are not all bad. We visit other countries and we visit mexico but right when a racist president wants to build a wall yall think we are too good for mexico and that mexico and mexican are horrible. Well let me tell yall something, mexico has bad parts just like the United States and you can’t judge mexico and mexicans by what you hear. NO MEXICAN BORDER.

• No no no

We should not build a border wall. Everyone, including Mexicans come to America looking for great possibilities. Though some of them enter illegally, which isn't right, they are probably looking to get far in life and they can do that in America. We shouldn't build a border wall to stop them.

• Let people come

The wall is stupid because some people just want to come and get a better job, and they wont be able to. It would also cause riots,and people would be mad. It would also cost too much, but that is not an issue because the real problem is trump assuming all mexicans are terrible.

• The wall does not do much to stem the flow of illegal immigrants.

There's no reason to build a better border wall, when the majority of illegal immigrants come here via other methods, ie: boats, planes. More illegal immigrants overstay their visas than cross the desert undocumented. There are open borders to our north, east, and west. Slightly unrelated, but this wall would do nothing to stop the surge of illegal immigrants from Asia, which is on the rise. There are many better uses for taxpayer money, especially for America's crumbling infrastructure, which received a D+ rating from ASCE. I don't think we should funnel all of this money into a largely symbolic structure.

• What is your problem

What will a wall even do. There is a thing known as planes and boats. It would waste resources, put us in further debt, and unnecessarily increase the government's workload. Walls are ineffective for border patrol. Also, Mexico is helpful to the US and there is no reason to spoil our relations with Mexico

• I say NO

What is the point of building a wall, the world is made so people can make joy and love with each other not for separating people with different raise. We came to this world to survive not to kill each other we came here for a good happy ending of our lives and this goes to everyone that lives in this world.

• I say NO

• I say NO