• I think boys could join girl scouts and I think girls could join boy scouts.

Girls should be able to go to boy scouts! Girls are welcome to do anything at all. So what if a girl wants to join the boy scouts and maybe some boys would want to join girl scouts. It's not fair that girls ca't join right now at all. Maybe one day!

• Yes. I do believe so.

I've been a girl scout for years and I believe that it's time for a change. I get that the title is "Boy Scouts of America", but I have plenty of guy friends who are always excited for a campout under the stars where they have to hike miles a day and carry 60+ pounds on their back. I want to be a marine, and doing arts and crafts and flipping through achievement books isn't going to help me. The same weekends I'm going around selling cookies are the weekends that boys go and set up tents and cook meals over a fire. Girl Scouts is all about arts and crafts and making sure everyone is included, but Boy Scouts are all about survival of the fittest. All of these arguments going on this topic are only about the title. I even saw one about the different interests. What if a girl (like me) really like survival-type things, and what if a guy really liked sleeping in cabins rather than tents? I think that equality should go both ways and that anyone can join any club they want.

• This is a free country.

Now a-days women can vote and be considered equal to men... So why can't a girl be a Boy Scout. I'm a Girl Scout and my twin is a Boy Scout we bake brownies for the poor, help elders and do charity work. My brother goes on brutal camp outs and gets to go to foot ball games and stuff wear he gets his hands dirty and if that's what a girl wants to do what's stopping her? Maybe all this hate online would stop her. Though
    its a free country and we girls have equal rights so let a girl do whatever she wants. Its great if a girl was to make this decision. Girl power.

• yes, I think so.

Sure, if they want. Why not? It's stupid to separate the idea of crafts and camping skills and art and fun by gender anyway. It's playtime, not survivalism - and even if were survival skills, why shouldn't girls learn them? o, yes. Ideally it leads to a merging of the GSA/BSA into Scouts International, a gender, sex, sexuality inclusive group where everyone is welcome and this stupid obsession with gender and sex just goes into the oblivion it so richly deserves.

• Why not allow it?

Girls don't just want to play with barbies, sell cookies, and make flower arrangements. If a girl wants to go on camp outs and cook on an open fire, don't hold her back! Girls sometimes want to earn badges, and most want the Eagle Scout rank, which shouldn't just be for boys! BSA is silly for not allowing girls.

• I say no because...

I say no because girls already have girl scouts and boy wouldn't like all the girls joining boy scouts, because they may have to change the names of their groups or any other stuff like that. Also why would girls want to join boy scouts when they have girl scouts and it will ruin everything. It will ruin everything because it is meant to separate boys from girls so why would it make sence for them to allow girl to join boys.

• I think that girls should not be aloud to join boy scouts

I think this because the things that boys can do some girls cant do. So that is why they made boy scouts and they made boy scouts. But I also think that if they are a trans grinder they should be able to go to ether one.They should be able to have the choose to got to ether one because they will probably get picker on.But i think that they made a boy scouts because some boys don't like girls.The boys will pick on the girls and pull there hair and lots of other things.

• I'm already a Boy Scout (and a Girl Scout)

Boy Scouts have been co-ed since 1971 with Explorers and Venturing in 1998. Granted with these programs they are offered to young adults, 10-20 for Explorers and 14-20 for Venturing, and we cannot recieve the rank of Eagle scout, but it is still co-ed. Boy Scouts including girls is nothing new, I don't see how it is such a big deal.

• I am an Eagle Scout

Getting your Eagle scout is a commitment that has many benefits that come with it, I was so proud when i achieved it . And i really don't see an issue with a girl being able to do what i did and feel the same pride if they are willing to put in the work. If there was an equivalently rewarding achievement in girl scouts i would say no but, the Gold Award (girl scout version of Eagle witch gets little no no recognition) Plus a simple fact is that the number of boys in boy scouts is going down drastically, and the only way for the organization to stay around is by opening up to more people.

• Yes they should/

Honestly, why the heck not. There are so many people who would enjoy boy activities. Girl scouts have limited options and girls would rather hike and travel like the boys do. Therefore, it would be considered sexist not to allow girls into boy scouts, Some may argue that boys cannot play girl sports but what guy do you know what would want to play field hockey with a skirt on?

• Yes they should

My wife and I are very active in my daughters girl scout troop. My wife is the troop leader, and I volunteer. I believe it should just be called "scouts". Alot of other countries have it that way. Some people let nostalgia get in the way of common sense. Just because something has been a certain way for 100 years doesn't make it ok. If that was the case women still wouldn't be able to vote. I hate the fact that the girl scouts put such emphasis on selling cookies. They profit $2.75 on every box , they give the troop $.75 of every box. Then they offer no support to the troop. Their main goal is to set up more troops to collect dues . They went up again this year by $15 . They even charge volunteers, but the council didn't increase their own dues. They offer no support whatsoever to the troops. Me and my wife do it for the kids . I just hope it changes so my daughter can join the boyscouts.

• No, girls should not be able to join Boys Scouts

No, girls shouldn't be allowed to join Boys Scouts (and vice versa). Why? Because Boys Scouts is a place where boys can hang out and be boys. If girls are unhappy with Girls Scouts, they should strive to fix their own community. Rules should not suddenly change because a group a people aren't satisfied.

• The Boy Scouts Is For Boys

A girl should not be allowed to join the Boy Scouts of America. If the Boy Scouts were to form a club that was simply Scouts of America then all would be free to join. Sometimes the concept of equality can go too far. Let the boys be in the Boy Scouts and let the girls be in the Girl Scouts, where each can celebrate their unique abilities and interests.

• Boy Scouts is for boys

Girls have an alternative to Boy Scouts available to them. That alternative is Girl Scouts. If girls did not have an alternative available, then maybe there would be a good reason that Boy Scouts should be available to them. When there is a comparable alternative available to the opposite gender, then the Government should not step in and force an organization to be open to both genders.

• Let's celebrate our differences

Girls and boys are different. We should celebrate those differences instead of forcing everyone to be the same. I have young boy/girl twins. They love each other and are the best of friends. When all of their friends get together, they all have a great time. But the girls truly love having just "girl" time and the boys love their "boy" time. Even as an adult, I enjoy getting away with just the girls and encouraging each other. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to hold my daughter back. Her troop does a lot of the same things her brother's troop does, including geology, building birdhouses, hiking, camping, knot-tying, etc. My kids are different and the environment of girl-only scouts and boy-only scouts allows them to learn and grow and encourage their tight little community. The dynamic of the groups is just different when it is co-ed.

• It's called the BOY Scouts of America for a Reason

First off, boy scouts are for boys. Most boys like to do the things they do in boy scouts. That's why they join. Most girls like to do the thing they do in girl scouts. This is because girls and boys are different. If a girl doesn't like girl scouts, she should either quit, or if she wants to do things boy scouts do, she should join the Venture Program. Also, if girls would join boy scouts, they'd be separated anyway because the parents would be scared they'd have sex, or get raped(the scouts aren't only for 6 year olds if you didn't know yet.)

• "BOY" Scouts of America

I know that women have gained many rights in the last couple hundred years. And I fully support that, I think women should have equal rights. But some things are going too far. Baden Powell founded Boy Scouts 107 years ago. He founded the organization to teach "Boys", leadership, survival skills, and respect. Giving the name, "Boy" Scouts. I myself am an Eagle Scout and have been in scouting since 1st grade. All the way from Tiger Cub to Eagle. Scouts is my time to go camping with friends, help others, teach others, etc. I joined Scouts because I wanted a place to develop good character, skill sets, and a place without girls/women. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against girls OR women. But as soon as girls are allowed in Scouting, things will change, tenting with people will be more complicated, summer camp, even swimming. Eventually I believe Boy Scouts would change completely, change the name to something generic like Scouts. Rank requirments will start to combine the Girl Scout requirments as well. I believe that an organization like Boy Scouts could be made separately. Including Boy AND Girls. This way you can have the girls that want to stay in a girl only organization, vise versa, then have the boys/girls that want a co-ed scouting program in a co-ed program. I believe that a co-ed program would be good, it would keep all parties happy. The coed program would succeed, be fully supported, and they could do whatever they wanted, whether that's getting "dirt under you nails" or baking brownies.

• You're Kidding Me Right?

This is the dumbest thing ever. To start off with, I am a girl, if that makes a difference. Girls should not be allowed to join BOY scouts, and boys should not be allowed to join GIRL scouts. Quit trying to change age old rules just because you think you're a boy/girl. This kind of feminism is the dumbest bullshit ever. Girl power my ass .It legit says "boys" in the title and you're trying to put a girl in it. Wth? And vice versa. Damn, the 21 century is messed up. This is ridiculous. If your little girl doesn't like baking and selling cookies and stuff in her girls scouts, then fucking take her out of Girl Scouts! If she wants to join Boy Scouts, too bad honey, you have 2 "x" chromosomes, you're a girl. Also, if your little girl wants to get her hands dirty with mud and shit like you think Boy Scouts do, you don't need to put her in Boy Scouts to do that, I'm sure there's a military school around here for girls. I'm sure she can handle it, after all, girl power right?

Fuck feminists like this damn.

• Why should we pretend?

Throughout history we have used the terms male and female to help classify. This was done with good reason since their are very clear distinctions between males and females. The same distinction is applied to the title of the program so it wouldn't make sense to start blurring the lines between a distinction so clear based on something so difficult to understand and subjective.

• No, a girl shouldn't be allowed.

Girls have their own scout club. There is no reason why a girl shouldn't be allowed however, since they have their own club, it makes the point of a "Boys" scout rather senseless. The directors of a scout club should have the power to allow girls or not into the club, but they shouldn't be forced to accept girls.

SirFred200 says2017-10-11T23:30:54.887
"Can she sleep in our tent?" Said every boy scout.
pett.debater says2017-11-20T04:18:47.540
Are you seriously that insane??? Just read the title, “Boy Scouts of America” BOY SCOUTS, BOY, B-O-Y. Boy meaning male, not female
devgoyal1994 says2018-01-22T19:06:34.587
In America to join the Scouts is always an arguable question for the girls.Some guardians thinks that a girl should not join the Scouts while other do the courage to join there daughters.However, I believe in woman empowerment but both the arguments have different aspects, that i would like to discuss here.

To begin with, The God gives a right to every human to live there life in there own way, our constitution is also support the same and provided a human right which allow girls to spend there life equally to the boy.Girls Are more organised , they are good in uses of there past experience
in addition that, they have less body fitness, less physical strengths , and due to some unsocial behaviour and security issues a girl avoid scouts.Our society have assumed that this is only for boys and also divided the work in girl and a boy

Overall the girl should join the boy scouts in America as it helps to develop their Body strength contemporary social skills.And it is there constitutional right.