• Yes. I do believe so.

I've been a girl scout for years and I believe that it's time for a change. I get that the title is "Boy Scouts of America", but I have plenty of guy friends who are always excited for a campout under the stars where they have to hike miles a day and carry 60+ pounds on their back. I want to be a marine, and doing arts and crafts and flipping through achievement books isn't going to help me. The same weekends I'm going around selling cookies are the weekends that boys go and set up tents and cook meals over a fire. Girl Scouts is all about arts and crafts and making sure everyone is included, but Boy Scouts are all about survival of the fittest. All of these arguments going on this topic are only about the title. I even saw one about the different interests. What if a girl (like me) really like survival-type things, and what if a guy really liked sleeping in cabins rather than tents? I think that equality should go both ways and that anyone can join any club they want.

• This is a free country.

Now a-days women can vote and be considered equal to men... So why can't a girl be a Boy Scout. I'm a Girl Scout and my twin is a Boy Scout we bake brownies for the poor, help elders and do charity work. My brother goes on brutal camp outs and gets to go to foot ball games and stuff wear he gets his hands dirty and if that's what a girl wants to do what's stopping her? Maybe all this hate online would stop her. Though
    its a free country and we girls have equal rights so let a girl do whatever she wants. Its great if a girl was to make this decision. Girl power.

• yes, I think so.

Sure, if they want. Why not? It's stupid to separate the idea of crafts and camping skills and art and fun by gender anyway. It's playtime, not survivalism - and even if were survival skills, why shouldn't girls learn them? o, yes. Ideally it leads to a merging of the GSA/BSA into Scouts International, a gender, sex, sexuality inclusive group where everyone is welcome and this stupid obsession with gender and sex just goes into the oblivion it so richly deserves.

• Why not allow it?

Girls don't just want to play with barbies, sell cookies, and make flower arrangements. If a girl wants to go on camp outs and cook on an open fire, don't hold her back! Girls sometimes want to earn badges, and most want the Eagle Scout rank, which shouldn't just be for boys! BSA is silly for not allowing girls.

• Girls are american to and they can sometimes do more then men.

And if u think they can search it up some actresses are wayyyyy better than some boy actors. Put ur selfs in the girs shoes and think about the parent its probaly way cheaper for gas they can drop both kid at scout Just take that all into account then tell me what u think.

• Yes they should

Let the kids do what they want who are they hurting??? True life if the thought of a bunch of kids and young adults, both male, female and everything in between, mixing really gives you the heebie jeebies then damn.......... Your really gonna hate the future better work on the grumpy old person ' i remember the good old days' act now to perfect it in time for those god damn hippies. Jokes aside as a kid i would have loved to be a boy scout as it is a more structured, well funded, and widely recognized organization. They have real uniforms and there ranks carry meaning and real world application. Do you guys know the first two ranks in the girl scouts Daisy and then Brownie which you qualify in at like 4 and 8 respectivley. Our next highest ranking is cadet you earn that when u turn 12 it takes no effort accept waiting for the year to change. Girl scouts for me was a tee hee haha hour of nonsense that would be a waste of anybody's time no matter the gender or sexual orientation. I had two older brothers who had both been in boy scouts and as there kid sister i would have loved to be able to follow in those footsteps. I know boy scouts isn't perfect they have there fair share of problems and scandals but they are under far more scrutinization and haven't been able to embezzle as freely as the girl scouts have. One last thing the girl scouts have always let in boys we've never had a rule against it so why did you guys for so long.

• Scouts should have been together from the beginning

In the rest of the world Scouting is co-ed and works just fine. So why not here?

The Boy Scouts of America is a program designed to promote leadership, outdoor skills, citizenship, and service in young men. Its goal is to teach young men to be Americans. But America is not static. The America of 2017 is not the America of 1910 when the Boy Scouts formed. We are a melting pot of cultures and ideas. We have learned and grown, and discarded some of our bigotry. We learned that women can and should be encouraged to participate in all walks of life. Change is necessary and good!

So why not open the program to girls? I know many young women who want to go out in woods and get dirty, to learn skills and earn badges, to learn how to be a citizen, and to give service to their fellow Americans. There is nothing about the benefits of the Boy Scout program that actually requires you to be a boy. But why not just be a Girl Scout? Because the Girl Scout program is not the same.

One thing about Girl Scouts is nothing is required. Progression is a function of age not skills. You can earn the Gold Award for doing a single service project in high school, having never done any other badge. Badges are all elective. To earn them you have to demonstrate some proficiency, but its all interest driven. Pursuing your interests is great, but what we need to know to thrive in this world is not always what we want to know. We need to be pushed outside our comfort zone. And if your Girl Scout leader doesn't camp or like science, and you do, then you are often SOL as a girl.

On the other hand, you don’t get to Eagle in Boy Scouts without mastering a diverse set of skills. The Boy Scouts have always both encouraged and required science, and outdoor skills as a part of the path the Eagle Scout. Camping is required. Environmental Science or Sustainability, is required. Twelve core badges, and nine elective badges are required. Many of the early rank advancements require explicitly that you go out into the woods, pitch a tent, sleep in it, and experience the outdoor world. This means that you are forced to exit your comfort zone and grow. You will not not advance if you do not get 21 diverse badges and learn some specific skills. This is why the Eagle Scout rank has such meaning.

So if you are a girl, or a parent of one, and you want to actually be challenged to learn and grow outside of your comfort zone. If you like the outdoors, think there are some necessary skills to being a citizen of the 21st century, and want to do more than sell cookies and make crafts, the Boy Scout program looks way better than the Girl Scout one. You should be allowed to choose.

• No i don't think girls should be in boy scouts

Girls have their own scout club. There is no reason why a girl shouldn't be allowed. However, since they have their own club, it makes the point of a boys scout rather senseless. The directors of a scout club should have the power to allow girls or not into the club, but they shouldn't be forced to accept girls. There are two different scouts for a reason. If they wanted them together they would just call it scouts but they don't because they both do different things. Boy are tougher than girls that why we are separated so that we can do things on our level. But all countries and places are different and they have the right to do what they want to do. There is no law saying we can't do that so let's let the owner decide. To conclude, that is what i think !

• I say no because...

I say no because girls already have girl scouts and boy wouldn't like all the girls joining boy scouts, because they may have to change the names of their groups or any other stuff like that. Also why would girls want to join boy scouts when they have girl scouts and it will ruin everything. It will ruin everything because it is meant to separate boys from girls so why would it make sence for them to allow girl to join boys.

• I think that girls should not be aloud to join boy scouts

I think this because the things that boys can do some girls cant do. So that is why they made boy scouts and they made boy scouts. But I also think that if they are a trans grinder they should be able to go to ether one.They should be able to have the choose to got to ether one because they will probably get picker on.But i think that they made a boy scouts because some boys don't like girls.The boys will pick on the girls and pull there hair and lots of other things.

• Its called Boy Scoots for a ressoan

ITS CALLED BOY SCOTS ITS CALLED BOY SCOTS ITS CALLED BOY SCOTS ITS CALLED BOY SCOTS ITS CALLED BOY SCOTS ITS CALLED BOY SCOTS ITS CALLED BOY SCOTS ITS CALLED BOY SCOTS ITS CALLED BITS CALLED BOY SCOTs ITS CALLED BOY SCOTS ITS CALLED BOY SCOTS ITS CALLED BOY SCOTS ITS CALLED BOY SCOTS

• Feminist Steven the dumbest people alive.

If you are a GIRL scout and want to join BOY scouts than too fucking bad you're not a boy, even if you're a transgender (no hate) you still go by the gender preset when you were born so if you're a girl and say "I'm a transgender I should be able to join Boy Scouts" no you fucking should not be able to join Boy Scouts because it's for Boys and you are still technically a girl and same visevirca, I'm pretty sure feminists don't even have a gender they're some kind of cancerous lizard.

• The Boy Scouts Is For Boys

A girl should not be allowed to join the Boy Scouts of America. If the Boy Scouts were to form a club that was simply Scouts of America then all would be free to join. Sometimes the concept of equality can go too far. Let the boys be in the Boy Scouts and let the girls be in the Girl Scouts, where each can celebrate their unique abilities and interests.

• Boy Scouts is for boys

Girls have an alternative to Boy Scouts available to them. That alternative is Girl Scouts. If girls did not have an alternative available, then maybe there would be a good reason that Boy Scouts should be available to them. When there is a comparable alternative available to the opposite gender, then the Government should not step in and force an organization to be open to both genders.

• No, a girl shouldn't be allowed.

Girls have their own scout club. There is no reason why a girl shouldn't be allowed however, since they have their own club, it makes the point of a "Boys" scout rather senseless. The directors of a scout club should have the power to allow girls or not into the club, but they shouldn't be forced to accept girls.

• Yes they should

My wife and I are very active in my daughters girl scout troop. My wife is the troop leader, and I volunteer. I believe it should just be called "scouts". Alot of other countries have it that way. Some people let nostalgia get in the way of common sense. Just because something has been a certain way for 100 years doesn't make it ok. If that was the case women still wouldn't be able to vote. I hate the fact that the girl scouts put such emphasis on selling cookies. They profit $2.75 on every box , they give the troop $.75 of every box. Then they offer no support to the troop. Their main goal is to set up more troops to collect dues . They went up again this year by $15 . They even charge volunteers, but the council didn't increase their own dues. They offer no support whatsoever to the troops. Me and my wife do it for the kids . I just hope it changes so my daughter can join the boyscouts.

• You're Kidding Me Right?

This is the dumbest thing ever. To start off with, I am a girl, if that makes a difference. Girls should not be allowed to join BOY scouts, and boys should not be allowed to join GIRL scouts. Quit trying to change age old rules just because you think you're a boy/girl. This kind of feminism is the dumbest bullshit ever. Girl power my ass .It legit says "boys" in the title and you're trying to put a girl in it. Wth? And vice versa. Damn, the 21 century is messed up. This is ridiculous. If your little girl doesn't like baking and selling cookies and stuff in her girls scouts, then fucking take her out of Girl Scouts! If she wants to join Boy Scouts, too bad honey, you have 2 "x" chromosomes, you're a girl. Also, if your little girl wants to get her hands dirty with mud and shit like you think Boy Scouts do, you don't need to put her in Boy Scouts to do that, I'm sure there's a military school around here for girls. I'm sure she can handle it, after all, girl power right?

Fuck feminists like this damn.

• Why should we pretend?

Throughout history we have used the terms male and female to help classify. This was done with good reason since their are very clear distinctions between males and females. The same distinction is applied to the title of the program so it wouldn't make sense to start blurring the lines between a distinction so clear based on something so difficult to understand and subjective.

• It's called the BOY Scouts of America for a Reason

First off, boy scouts are for boys. Most boys like to do the things they do in boy scouts. That's why they join. Most girls like to do the thing they do in girl scouts. This is because girls and boys are different. If a girl doesn't like girl scouts, she should either quit, or if she wants to do things boy scouts do, she should join the Venture Program. Also, if girls would join boy scouts, they'd be separated anyway because the parents would be scared they'd have sex, or get raped(the scouts aren't only for 6 year olds if you didn't know yet.)

• Girls should not be allowed and we need to accept that

Before you say anything I want you to know that I am a girl. I am kind of a tom boy also, I like to do boy things to. In Boy Scouts sometimes boys do different things. I am fine with that. In Girl Scouts you do different things. If you want to do some more adventurous stuff but you just so happen to not be a boy, well maybe you could talk to the councilor for the Girl Scouts team to add more of that stuff? Some people are saying that it is not fair, and that we didn't choose this gender! Bla bla bla. Stop your bitching. I didn't choose my gender either but I'm just fine! Am I the only one here that has learned to accept their gender and just go with it? Why live your life being someone else when you can be you. Boys have a penis and are different so that we an reproduct. Girls have a vagina and breasts so that we can give birth and feed the baby. This world is simple. I'm not going to go up and yell and argue with someone who is like this, but I'm not going to go out and wave a flag while patting on the back saying Oh, GOOD FOR YOU!! No, I'm not doing that. We need to teach children that you can only be one gender and that you can't change that. That is why people are doing this in the first place! Because kids are growing up thinking it's normal and ok! Don't think that I'm mean to these people and hate them and want to avoid them. My BEST FRIEND is a transgender. Do I like it? No, not much. Am I going to make them feel uncomfortable for it? No. You can only be one gender. It is in your blood and it is proven. Even if you get the surgery it is still in your blood.

SirFred200 says2017-10-11T23:30:54.887
"Can she sleep in our tent?" Said every boy scout.