• This is a free country.

Now a-days women can vote and be considered equal to men... So why can't a girl be a Boy Scout. I'm a Girl Scout and my twin is a Boy Scout we bake brownies for the poor, help elders and do charity work. My brother goes on brutal camp outs and gets to go to foot ball games and stuff wear he gets his hands dirty and if that's what a girl wants to do what's stopping her? Maybe all this hate online would stop her. Though
    its a free country and we girls have equal rights so let a girl do whatever she wants. Its great if a girl was to make this decision. Girl power.

• yes, I think so.

Sure, if they want. Why not? It's stupid to separate the idea of crafts and camping skills and art and fun by gender anyway. It's playtime, not survivalism - and even if were survival skills, why shouldn't girls learn them? o, yes. Ideally it leads to a merging of the GSA/BSA into Scouts International, a gender, sex, sexuality inclusive group where everyone is welcome and this stupid obsession with gender and sex just goes into the oblivion it so richly deserves.

• Why not allow it?

Girls don't just want to play with barbies, sell cookies, and make flower arrangements. If a girl wants to go on camp outs and cook on an open fire, don't hold her back! Girls sometimes want to earn badges, and most want the Eagle Scout rank, which shouldn't just be for boys! BSA is silly for not allowing girls.

• Yes. I do believe so.

I've been a girl scout for years and I believe that it's time for a change. I get that the title is "Boy Scouts of America", but I have plenty of guy friends who are always excited for a campout under the stars where they have to hike miles a day and carry 60+ pounds on their back. I want to be a marine, and doing arts and crafts and flipping through achievement books isn't going to help me. The same weekends I'm going around selling cookies are the weekends that boys go and set up tents and cook meals over a fire. Girl Scouts is all about arts and crafts and making sure everyone is included, but Boy Scouts are all about survival of the fittest. All of these arguments going on this topic are only about the title. I even saw one about the different interests. What if a girl (like me) really like survival-type things, and what if a guy really liked sleeping in cabins rather than tents? I think that equality should go both ways and that anyone can join any club they want.

• You're Kidding Me Right?

This is the dumbest thing ever. To start off with, I am a girl, if that makes a difference. Girls should not be allowed to join BOY scouts, and boys should not be allowed to join GIRL scouts. Quit trying to change age old rules just because you think you're a boy/girl. This kind of feminism is the dumbest bullshit ever. Girl power my ass .It legit says "boys" in the title and you're trying to put a girl in it. Wth? And vice versa. Damn, the 21 century is messed up. This is ridiculous. If your little girl doesn't like baking and selling cookies and stuff in her girls scouts, then fucking take her out of Girl Scouts! If she wants to join Boy Scouts, too bad honey, you have 2 "x" chromosomes, you're a girl. Also, if your little girl wants to get her hands dirty with mud and shit like you think Boy Scouts do, you don't need to put her in Boy Scouts to do that, I'm sure there's a military school around here for girls. I'm sure she can handle it, after all, girl power right?

Fuck feminists like this damn.

• Why should we pretend?

Throughout history we have used the terms male and female to help classify. This was done with good reason since their are very clear distinctions between males and females. The same distinction is applied to the title of the program so it wouldn't make sense to start blurring the lines between a distinction so clear based on something so difficult to understand and subjective.

• It's called the BOY Scouts of America for a Reason

First off, boy scouts are for boys. Most boys like to do the things they do in boy scouts. That's why they join. Most girls like to do the thing they do in girl scouts. This is because girls and boys are different. If a girl doesn't like girl scouts, she should either quit, or if she wants to do things boy scouts do, she should join the Venture Program. Also, if girls would join boy scouts, they'd be separated anyway because the parents would be scared they'd have sex, or get raped(the scouts aren't only for 6 year olds if you didn't know yet.)

• The Boy Scouts Is For Boys

A girl should not be allowed to join the Boy Scouts of America. If the Boy Scouts were to form a club that was simply Scouts of America then all would be free to join. Sometimes the concept of equality can go too far. Let the boys be in the Boy Scouts and let the girls be in the Girl Scouts, where each can celebrate their unique abilities and interests.

• Boy Scouts is for boys

Girls have an alternative to Boy Scouts available to them. That alternative is Girl Scouts. If girls did not have an alternative available, then maybe there would be a good reason that Boy Scouts should be available to them. When there is a comparable alternative available to the opposite gender, then the Government should not step in and force an organization to be open to both genders.

• No, a girl shouldn't be allowed.

Girls have their own scout club. There is no reason why a girl shouldn't be allowed however, since they have their own club, it makes the point of a "Boys" scout rather senseless. The directors of a scout club should have the power to allow girls or not into the club, but they shouldn't be forced to accept girls.